Not connected, Your IP: 3.12.162.179
Sign in to follow this  
bluesjunior

Question on TAP-Windows Adapter V9 Internet Settings?.

Not sure if this is really a problem but while researching a solution to a problem I am having in regard to accessing the DailyFlix site where I get a Domain Name has Expired screen. I did a check at the "Is IT Down Right Now" site and found that it could be a DNS problem and to flush my DNS which I did but did not solve anything. As I did a complete reinstall of the latest version of Comodo CIS yesterday I thought maybe that Comodo had installed its own DNS servers instead of the 10.4.0.1 primary and 8.8.8.8 secondary DNS servers I had set it to on installation of AirVPN some months back. I checked this and the setting were unchanged and set okay as above. However I decided to check the DNS servers in the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) box in the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 settings in the Unidentified Network option in my Windows 7 Networks and Sharing screen and found that they were blank with no DNS server settings at all. My question is if this is normal?. My AirVPN connection is running as it always has since my initial set up, I have tested for DNS leaks and there are none and all appears to be well and working properly but would just like a clarification.

Hello!

It seems all right, probably the tun/tap interface DNS servers are set to accept DHCP-push, which is fine.

Kind regards