Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.254.35

Hello, just stated using this vpn and so for so good except that I am getting dns leaks and I have no idea how to fix it in ubuntu 14.10. In windows the solution is pretty straight forward. So to make things clear, I am a noob on linux and how I am using airvpn right now is just by downloading the airvpn client and running it. I'm not sure if there are any additional steps to follow i hope someone can shed some light.

thanks.

Hello,

there are no DNS leaks on Linux.

To use VPN DNS go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" and select a proper "DNS Switch Mode" in the combo box. In most cases "Automatic" will detect the correct method. In general set "resolvconf" if you have resolvconf package installed and "Renaming" in any other case.

Kind regards

Hello,

there are no DNS leaks on Linux.

To use VPN DNS go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" and select a proper "DNS Switch Mode" in the combo box. In most cases "Automatic" will detect the correct method. In general set "resolvconf" if you have resolvconf package installed and "Renaming" in any other case.

Kind regards

Hello again, I did what you said and I've read some where about linux being free from DNS leaks but I still face the same issue. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I'm also having this problem. I'm on Ubuntu and on ipleak.net I see my ISP's IP's. Staff says "there are no DNS leaks on linux". What is this then? 

I'm also having this problem. I'm on Ubuntu and on ipleak.net I see my ISP's IP's. Staff says "there are no DNS leaks on linux". What is this then? 

Hello,

it can be anything except a DNS leak. For "ISP's IP" do you mean the IP address assigned to you by your ISP? If so, the problem is different: your traffic is not tunneled. Feel free to clarify.

Kind regards

Hello,

it can be anything except a DNS leak. For "ISP's IP" do you mean the IP address assigned to you by your ISP? If so, the problem is different: your traffic is not tunneled. Feel free to clarify.

Kind regards

Hello Staff,

I've contacted you via support ticket. Hopefully my issue can be fixed.

Thank you.