Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.23.30

Hi all,

​I have mentioned this previously but figured seen as OpenSUSE and Gnome have had updates and the issue remains I would raise it again.

​I'm running OpenSUSE factory x64, Gnome 3.14.1 and cannot get Eddie to run. What is frustrating me is I can run the portable verion so know Eddie will run and I feel the soloution is just out of my grasp.

​Any help as always massivly appreciated and any further details, logs etc I can provide I am more than happy and willing to do so.

​I am able to use Airvpn by importing the .ovpn files into my network manager the good old fashioned way but would like the added security the client provides.

​Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for rapid response.

You have an excellent point and I have decided to just run with the portable version.

I went over the OpenSUSE details page again and I'm happy I have all the  dependencies met.

The only item I'm not sure on is - lib vs lib64: both.

I can say that the portable version is working well. It remembers my login and settings, network lock and DNS switch are doing there job. I can happily live with the portable version although I would really like to get Eddie installed proper or understand why I cannot.

Considering all this I'm also happy to say this topic is "solved".

Thanks again.

Hello!

A comparison between Eddie portable and Eddie installed logs could provide clues on the problem. Try to examine them and feel free to publish so that we and the community can examine them.

Kind regards