Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.104.29
Sign in to follow this  
puff-m-d

AirVPN Client "Star with Windows"

Hello,

Here is what I would like to accomplish:

When I boot my system, I want the AirVPN client to automatically start and connect to the last used server without any user intervention at all. I only use United States servers and manually change them approximately every 24 hours. If a connection is dropped for some reason, I want to reconnect to the same server automatically without user intervention.

All works except for the following:

On boot, the AirVPN client stops on the login screen. My username and password is already filled in ("Remember me" is checked) but I have to manually click the login button. I then must manually select select and connect to a server.

Here are the settings that I am using:

Login screen: username and password is entered with "remember me" checked and "Network Lock" is enabled

Under "Preferences:

"General" tab - "Connect when launched", "Force connection to last server at startup", and "Start with Windows" are checked

"Protocols" tab - Set to "Automatic"

"Proxy" tab - Set to "None"

"Routes" tab - not used

"Advanced" > "General" tab - All options checked except "Expert Mode" and "DNS Switch mode" is set to "Automatic", No "OpenVPN Custom Path" used

"Network Lock" tab - Set to "Automatic"

"Logging", "OpenVPN directives", and "Events" are all set to default

In the main GUI:

"Countries" tab - "United States" whitelisted and all other countries are blacklisted

"Servers" tab - Only United States servers are listed and all are whitelisted, "Lock Current" is checked

Is it possible to start with Windows and complete the connection process completely and automatically without any user intervention? And if so, what am I missing or doing wrong in the way that I have the AirVPN client setup?

Any help would be appreciated.....

dude, you might be reinventing the wheel.

If you are on windows check this fourm out here for autoconnect at startup. its a little outdated and i havent tested that solution. next idea on windows is to look into program called AutoIt. (autoit directly hits keystrokes and mouse moves so you dont need too)

after you record your macros (mouse moves and control clicks) with AutoItRecorder, then test that script...  fix the script ... test the script. Eventually you will be recreating what you record with script you just recorded. Once finally finished, compile the final autoit script you made as .exe and pin it into the startup folder. so it runs at start.

for Ubuntu-Linux you can look at this for VPN to autoconnect.

those aside, I sugest looking into making your firewall force all traffic through the vpn. That way you dont need to keep reconnecting when you boot up. VPN-Firewall can block DNS leaks, and it will be 100% connected. If it looses VPN connection all the internet traffic gets dropped.  I've been connected for months at a time still goin great.

im hungry

Hello,

First off, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel. Prior to "Eddie", none of the options above worked at all. "Eddie" has come a long way in making these options work without the need of workarounds or using extra software. The current version of "Eddie" has fixed all of these none working options except for automatic login and connection to last server at startup. It is not about reinventing the wheel but about making these options work and making "Eddie" the best client available. I know about other workarounds or ways to accomplish this but the ultimate goal would be for the "Eddie" client to accomplish this without workarounds. I have been using AirVPN for years and think it is one of the best (if not the best) VPN solution available. I want the "Eddie" client to also be the best available and am offering feedback to help do so.

@puff-m-d

Hello!

This behavior is very very strange. Autostart works in our Windows testing environments.

Complexity about auto-start lies on launching Eddie with privileges at startup, but you say that client starts correctly.

The options to select are just "Start with Windows" to start Eddie at the OS boot, "Remember me" because we need credentials without input, and "Connect when launched" to auto-connect when Eddie starts. All options that you already checked.

Please report to us your OS, all logs of Eddie when you start it and it stops in login phase, and send us your XML profile: look in the logs the third row 'Reading options from ...'. Open that XML file. Delete the '

Kind regards

Hello Staff,

Thanks very much for your detailed reply. I will not be able to supply the requested information until after the weekend but I will get it to you as soon as possible. It will probably be sometime Monday but sooner if I can.

Hello Staff,

Please disregard my last post as I was able to find the time to gather the requested information before I went out of town. I sent it to you via a support ticket referencing this thread.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards...

Hello!

We resolved an issue of the AirVPN Client, about the Windows Autostart option that doesn't load the correct preferences.

The issue affected only Windows users, and only those who had chosen the Installer version and not the Portable version. For that, we decided to only patch the current 2.7 release.

Please re-download and re-install, enter Preferences and exit at least one time to resolve the issue.

Kind regards

Hello Staff,

Excellent work! All is now working as it should. Thank you very much for fixing the issue and releasing the patch!

Best regards...

Hello,

Although it is working great, there are two minor annoyances with the AirVPN client starting with Windows:

1 - I think it should start, especially when it is set to connect at start-up, minimized to the system tray, or at least have an option to do so. Unless I have missed a setting, when it starts with Windows currently, the AirVPN client displays its GUI on the desktop.

2 - This is a very minor issue but an inconvenient one... When the AirVPN client starts with Windows, the default window size is about half the size compared to when you start the client manually. This forces both the horizontal and vertical scroll-bars which you must use unless you re-size the window. It would be great if when starting the client with windows that the client GUI size would be the same as when you start it manually.

Again, these are just minor issues with # 1 above being the most annoying of the two.

Hello,

Although it is working great, there are two minor annoyances with the AirVPN client starting with Windows:

1 - I think it should start, especially when it is set to connect at start-up, minimized to the system tray, or at least have an option to do so. Unless I have missed a setting, when it starts with Windows currently, the AirVPN client displays its GUI on the desktop.

2 - This is a very minor issue but an inconvenient one... When the AirVPN client starts with Windows, the default window size is about half the size compared to when you start the client manually. This forces both the horizontal and vertical scroll-bars which you must use unless you re-size the window. It would be great if when starting the client with windows that the client GUI size would be the same as when you start it manually.

Again, these are just minor issues with # 1 above being the most annoying of the two.

Minimizing it automatically to tray would be awesome. I am using Eddi on an HTPC with Kodis as shell and it would be awesome if that could be implemented :-)

Minimizing it automatically to tray would be awesome. I am using Eddi on an HTPC with Kodis as shell and it would be awesome if that could be implemented :-)

This is the problem I'm currently trying to find a solution for - can this be done either within the client or with a third-party program?