Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.208.183
Staff

Eddie 2.7 available

I was also wondering how the Automatic protocol setting was decided because I have noticed through the logs that mine automatically connects to TCP whereas before, I had UDP port 443 selected.

Other than that, all of the Eddie clients have worked great for me without any problems.  Thanks for the great work.

Hello!

The mode is proposed by the VPN server: for some reason the server you tried was proposing 80 TCP, even if 443 UDP was working fine. Fixed.

Kind regards

Are multiple servers having this issue?  I was server-hopping quite a bit yesterday before I realized 'Automatic' was the culprit and had poor download/upload performance with all.  Pings were also pretty bad.  I tried servers in NL, DE, Romania, and California.

Is the Automatic setting in the software to blame for pushing people onto TCP by mistake or something on all the server's?

Those with intermediate-advanced knowledge can easily figure out the issue and fix it, but your new-to-VPN user cannot and would probably just install Eddie as is leading him to be confused and upset by poor performance.

This definitely is an issue that should be rectified ASAP.

Hello,

it was fixed yesterday, do you mean that you still have this problem now? If so we will re-check.

Kind regards

I don't have the problem anymore and I've been on 2 different servers.  As soon as you said it was fixed, I disconnected and reconnected, checked the log and it said it established a connection via UDP.  Not sure if it's the same on every other server for anybody else though.

Eddie 2.7 on Windows 7.  Confirmed that the "no process is associated with this object" bug is gone.  Connects much faster now.  Thanks!

Hello,

it was fixed yesterday, do you mean that you still have this problem now? If so we will re-check.

Kind regards

My apologies.  I thought your post from before said you just fixed it for one server, not all servers.  If you did that, then the issue is indeed fixed.

Thanks!

i have a problem with the network lock feature on my windows 7 computer.

i chose the option "automatic", and now when i try to activate the network lock on the start screen i get an error message saying "Cannot start service MpsSvc on computer '.'."

I ran into another problem on OSX. After a system crash (not related to airvpn) the client doesn't respect the whitelist settings anymore. After each restart the whitelist is empty. Also even with a server in the whitelist and choosing connect to prefered server it still connects to another one. This was not a problem until now.

Do you have any news on the client wanting to exit when I unplug my external monitor? I also found out this doesn't happen if I just minimize the main window, but always happens when I hide the main window with Cmd-H.

Hello, I'm using Eddie 2.7 on OSX Yosemite.

I have a few suggestions and one issue.

1) When Eddie starts at start -up I always get "AirVPN wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this."

In this thread someone replied it's expected. Ok ... but how to give admin privilege once and for all ?

I don't want to type my password every time. Also I noticed that even if network lock is active, before I give admin right to AirVPN at launch, my internet connection is on ...

Regarding design:

1) Please get rid of the icons in the menu when you click on the status bar icon.

It goes again standard design practice on the mac, it doesn't bring more clarity and it takes space.

I think only the top icon (red, yellow or green) indicating your up and down speed should be there.

2) Why is the AirVPN/Eddie app not a background process ?

I don't think it's useful to have the main window floating around plus having the icon in the dock.

3)  When show main window is selected in the status bar menu, it should bring the app to the front. At the moment, I have to use expose to find it.

4) Clicking on the red button (close) should close the window but keep the process running in the background. Only clicking quit in the menu would quit the process.

Please let me know your take on my suggestions.

Hi

Hi, sorry I was short on time. and thanks for the rapid response

Ok I downloaded the new 64 bit .rpm file. Installed it using SUSE's 1 click install and everything seemed fine, the installer asked for root privaliges and no errors where reported. so good so far.

The Airvpn Icon is installed in the app overview however when I click on it instead of Air asking for root privaliges and starting up nothing happens.

I tried this before and after uninstalling the previous version and before and after reboots.

Any more info I can provide please ask.

Thanks as always.

As stated previous I'm running OpenSUSE 13.2 RC and Gnome 3.14.

Edit: I can run the portable version.

-------------------------------------------------

(sorry I lost the quote formatting for the above message by snaggle - don't know how to get it back)

Hi

I run Linux Mint and was occasionally having this problem with Eddie 2.6.

To fix it I had to delete the .airvpn directory that was in my home directory. I had to do this before re-installing Eddie otherwise Air wouldn't start. In fact I had to often do this, and not just after re-installation, because many times Air wouldn't start and nothing would happen whichever way I tried to start it. This was the only way to fix it.

To delete the directory and its contents I typed the following command in the terminal: sudo rm -rf .airvpn (followed by user password when prompted for it)

Air always re-creates this directory the next time Air starts, so no problems are caused by deleting it. However the network lock and other settings needed to be redone in the Air client window.

EDIT:

I am having the same thing happen in Eddie 2.7  

It seems to only happen if I have enabled logging in the advanced setings.

So before I start Air I delete the .airvpn/logs folder (or just the log files that are in it), this way my settings are kept and Air will start (it will recreate the logs folder if you enabled logging)

(sudo rm -r .airvpn/logs

EDIT 2:

The last lines of those log files always contain error notes

EDIT 3:

Sometimes I was loosing the Airvpn graphical client window from both the desktop and the bottom panel. When this happened Air was still running fine but I had no visual way to confirm this except by dnsleak.net or going to this air site and checking the bottom of the page (more capable users would probably have other methods of checking). Something to do with mono causes this.

Instead I now use the portable Eddie and have no problems except for occasionally have to delete the last log file before Eddie will start.

Thankyou Air - network lock is working great

Hi

Hi, sorry I was short on time. and thanks for the rapid response

Ok I downloaded the new 64 bit .rpm file. Installed it using SUSE's 1 click install and everything seemed fine, the installer asked for root privaliges and no errors where reported. so good so far.

The Airvpn Icon is installed in the app overview however when I click on it instead of Air asking for root privaliges and starting up nothing happens.

I tried this before and after uninstalling the previous version and before and after reboots.

Any more info I can provide please ask.

Thanks as always.

As stated previous I'm running OpenSUSE 13.2 RC and Gnome 3.14.

Edit: I can run the portable version.

-------------------------------------------------

(sorry I lost the quote formatting for the above message by snaggle - don't know how to get it back)

Hi

I run Linux Mint and was occasionally having this problem with Eddie 2.6.

To fix it I had to delete the .airvpn directory that was in my home directory. I had to do this before re-installing Eddie otherwise Air wouldn't start. In fact I had to often do this, and not just after re-installation, because many times Air wouldn't start and nothing would happen whichever way I tried to start it. This was the only way to fix it.

To delete the directory and its contents I typed the following command in the terminal: sudo rm -rf .airvpn (followed by user password when prompted for it)

Air always re-creates this directory the next time Air starts, so no problems are caused by deleting it. However the network lock and other settings needed to be redone in the Air client window.

EDIT:

I am having the same thing happen in Eddie 2.7  

It seems to only happen if I have enabled logging in the advanced setings.

So before I start Air I delete the .airvpn/logs folder, this way my settings are kept and Air will start (it will recreate the logs folder if you enabled logging)

(sudo rm -r .airvpn/logs)

Thankyou Air - network lock is working great

Hi, I'll look into this, thanks for the info and your fix

As a work around I have manually edited resolv.conf and have imported Air's ..ovpn certs into network manager then I run the portable version of the client and activate network lock. The result is a solid and secure Airvpn connection.

When I have the time a bit later I will try the steps you outline above and report back.

Thanks again.

Hi there,

I have tried deleting the directory and its contents but I still cannot get the client to start.

I tried this in every way I could think of... before installation, after installation, both before and after. I also tried by deleting the .airvpn/logs folder, still nothing.

I'm now running the "new" OpenSUSE Tumbleweed but have experianced this on 13.1, 13.2 and Factory.

As I said earlier I am able to run the portable version although getting a connection when the network lock is activated is hit and miss so I connect to Air via Gnomes network manager then activate the portable network lock. This isn't as convuloted as it sounds and works well.

Thanks.

Sorry to double post but figured it may have been missed if I just edited my previous post.

​With the portable version my connection was as I said earlier a bit random, sometime immediate, sometimes after numerous retrys and sometimes I could not connect at all using the client.

​I have found that deleting the .airvpn directory (sudo rm -rf .airvpn) prior to connection but after starting the client solves this, I can now consistently connect using Eddie (upto now).

​Thanks for the help.

I upgraded to openSUSE 13.2 (KDE) and I can confirm that Eddie doesn't start anymore. I am used to the network lock and the easy handling already. For the moment I have taken a few steps back. I am using the network manager again.

It would be nice if your developers could find the time to look into what's keeping Eddie from working with openSUSE 13.2.

Thanks.

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

When using eddie 2.7 64bit I keep having to manually change my DNS settings (via windows control panel) otherwise I have no interent access when the VPN is turned off. Activating then deactivating the kill switch does not alleviate this issue

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

When using eddie 2.7 64bit I keep having to manually change my DNS settings (via windows control panel) otherwise I have no interent access when the VPN is turned off. Activating then deactivating the kill switch does not alleviate this issue

Hello,

try to tick "Force DNS" in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced".

Kind regards

I use GNU/Linux Mint 64bit and on every launch I have to kill the mono process as super user and restart the AirVPN client. The first attempt always has a broken interface bug and it hangs. This has been a present bug since at lesat 2.6

2.7 has been rock solid across the Debian based distros I've thrown it on (tried it on Fedora 20 with an error about a gui sudo prompt not being laucnhed therefore it wouldn't start). Loving network lock, though there's a bug with it. What happens is that it's left eneabled when I last exited the client, and the lock enables before the client can recieve a manifest. Have to force kill the client and disable network lock, then re-enable network lock each client restart.

Thank you for supporting GNU/Linux based operating systems!

problem with client 2.7  all I keep getting is file contains vulnerability c:\ProgrameFiles\AirVPN.exe  Detected 5906907 vulnerability.  Tried updating from previous version thinking it might need updating but made no difference still get the vulnerability warning from Kaspersky please help as I have just paid for another 3 months.

problem with client 2.7  all I keep getting is file contains vulnerability c:\ProgrameFiles\AirVPN.exe  Detected 5906907 vulnerability.  Tried updating from previous version thinking it might need updating but made no difference still get the vulnerability warning from Kaspersky please help as I have just paid for another 3 months.

Hello,

what is vulnerability 5906907 according to Kaspesrky?

Kind regards

@x7tq.., right click on the found vulnerability and view it on viruslist.com. Paste link here. Or privately to AirVPN's coders.

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

Hello,

Kind regards

Is already ticked

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

Hello,

Kind regards

Is already ticked

Hello!

Good, now set your favorite public DNS on your physical network card while Eddie is NOT running. After that, "Force DNS" will set VPN DNS when the connection is on, and restore your favorite DNS when the connection is off (assuming that you do not kill Eddie abruptly but you shut it down normally).

If you need references:

http://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-in-windows-7

Kind regards

I'm having the same problem again which I've had quite a few times before.  Except in the past, it's usually worked and logged in eventually.

I have had the Eddie Client just stall at the stage where it is 'Checking route'.  This can also happen sometimes when I activate the 'Network Lock'.  The client says it is activating and just freezes.  I then have to use task manager to end the program, then reboot PC.  

This is the 3rd consecutive time where I have tried to log onto a server and the Eddie client is continually 'Checking route'.  The progress bar is still moving but not doing anything and this has been like this for around half an hour ish now.

This doesn't happen on every log in attempt/every time I use the client.  Most of the time, it works fine but it's very annoying when this happens.  Also, the above can happen on a clean install of Windows 7.  I know, cos I've tried that in the past and this time, is also a clean install.

Thought I'd let ya know that it's finally worked and I've managed to get past the 'Checking route' phase.