Not connected, Your IP: 44.223.5.218

I'm having a bit of trouble getting this set up.

When I try to login it says I am not authorized. I entered the info exactly as specified. Any suggestions?

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

I had a register new account button under my Adium account setting. Once I clicked that and waited a bit I could login.

Any updates or suggestions here? I am excited and eager to use this service and can not figure out what is going on. It says 403 forbidden no matter what i do.

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

Could it because of your pfsense is blocking pidgin

That's not it. I've been using Pidgin/XMPP/OTR for years. In fact, a number of us pfSense users communicated using it while we hashed out the guide I made. I can still log into other accounts I have.

Could it because of your pfsense is blocking pidgin

That's not it. I've been using Pidgin/XMPP/OTR for years. In fact, a number of us pfSense users communicated using it while we hashed out the guide I made. I can still log into other accounts I have.

I`ve setup Pidgin as suggested by Airvpn;Port connection 5222 .

Works already a few month`s.

Btw nice to see you again teach ;-)

Any updates or suggestions here? I am excited and eager to use this service and can not figure out what is going on. It says 403 forbidden no matter what i do.

Hello!

Can you please try again and report back at your convenience?

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

I cant log-on either…
using my handle here
follow freedom@xmpp.airvpn.org/ (would the "space" in my airvpn handle prevent correct loging-in, maybe?)

…no luck either with the new TOR messenger

anybody have any luck logging in yet?

EDIT:

OK, using calyxinstitute.org until the air Jabber is working properly…

Edited ... by follow freedom

Mines still working fine, can log in with "username"@xmpp.airvpn.org.

I'll have to look at TOR messenger, haven't used it so far. 

It works for you!? Still no Luck here; All I get when I try to log-in with Pidgin is "Invalid XMPP ID" :-/
I wonder are the spaces in my AirVPN user-name make it invalid!?

—sorry I wanted to post a normal image here, but AirForum would not accept jpg or png! :-S

This is the link to TOR Messenger beta, if you are interested in tying it out!
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-messenger-beta-chat-over-tor-easily

I could not log-in with AirVpn Jabber Server, but I made a new Jabber with Calyx Public Jabber/XMPP Server, with which I could log-in, both on Pidgin and TOR messenger beta…
…but I would prefer to be able to use the airVPN Jabber server!

@AirVPN Staff

OK, it seems we cannot log into AirVPN Jabber server when our AirVPN log-in name contains a space!
*I changed my screen name to remove the space…
but when I try to register my screenname with the AirVPN Jabber server,
it says
Registration Failed
403: Forbidden

Thoughts?

@AirVPN Staff

OK, it seems we cannot log into AirVPN Jabber server when our AirVPN log-in name contains a space!

*I changed my screen name to remove the space…

but when I try to register my screenname with the AirVPN Jabber server,

it says

Registration Failed

403: Forbidden

Thoughts?

Hello,

that's correct, logging with a username containing spaces in an xmpp server is not possible. You can't change your username in our system (you can only change your Display Name, which does not affect your username) so you'll need to open a ticket asking "Support" dep. for this action

Kind regards

Still to this day I get the "403 Forbidden" error when trying to access this. This leads me to have a few questions for Staff:

1.) Are there any character restrictions for the XMPP usernames? If yes, what are they?

2.) Are there any restrictins on XMPP username character length limits? Is so what is it?

3.) Are there any character restrictions for the XMPP passwords? If yes, what are they? 

4.) Are there any restrictins on XMPP password character length limits? Is so what is it?

I still very much would like to get this working.

Is anyone having trouble logging into XMPP? 403 forbidden for me.

Posted ... (edited)

couldn't login few days ago but thought maybe i entered my pass wrong

logged in ok on second attempt

i don't use the chat much for several reasons

one, the scroll back, not needed and should be removed

two, otr is out dated big time and not easy for most folks to use

nor handled well by a lot of apps, even on linux

three, xmpp itself, nuff said

four, whether any customers use the 'free chat service' by airvpn or not

whether or not they 'login' is not the flaw here, the flaw is that every customer's account, billing login account information

is linked up to an xmpp chat server, that's the problem and you should maybe disconnect that is my suggestion

you have threads on your forum that whether legit or not 'other vpn companies review' basically

you already know how that can be a problem magnet

so a vpn competitor might open an account here, use it for x amount of days then decide to hammer on the xmpp server

maybe go after all the billing login information

the other thing is this, as you stated down below, none of us have to use our login information right?

so then by that principle alone, why even connect our financial primary billing account login information up to the xmpp server

it also tells me something else: that xmpp is not the only thing goin on on that server then right?

if you got account billing customer database connected to that xmpp server you probably got other stuff on that platter

that might be of interest

either way, no matter what, shit is an easy fix, disconnect the database and don't require any login at all

if needed, move the xmpp chat far away from any business accounts / boxes /network

Edited ... by tokzco