Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.88.17
Staff

Singapore servers withdrawal

Hello!

We're sorry to inform you that we have received a communication from SoftLayer IBM (owner of the datacenter where we operate our servers in Singapore) telling us that we must block p2p protocols on the servers as a consequence of very few copyright complaints received.

If we complied to this request we would prevent VoIP, BitCoin, BitTorrent and many other uses of the servers. This would be an unacceptable inconsistency for the the purposes of our services and a betrayal of a key part of our mission (no discrimination against any protocol, Net Neutrality preservation).

Additionally, complying to such requests would silently encourage protocols discriminations and other detrimental practices for an open Internet.

We are therefore planning to reject this request, cancel our business relationships with IBM and withdraw the servers in the Singapore datacenter. We are already working to find alternative, network neutral solutions in the Pacific Asia area (as you probably know we already operate a 1 Gbit/s server in Hong Kong), if possible in Singapore itself.

Kind regards

AirVPN Staff

It's a given that you couldn't comply with this request, but horrible news for everyone living in Asia/Oceania. Thank goodness for the Hong Kong server. Hope you manage to find something suitable soon.

Do you know when this will take effect - Do you think the Hong Kong server will be able to handle the Singapore load

This kind of behaviour by AirVPN proves me that this is, in fact, the best VPN provider out there. Thank you AirVPN, you're one of the good guys in this world. Keep doing the top-notch work!

This kind of behaviour by AirVPN proves me that this is, in fact, the best VPN provider out there. Thank you AirVPN, you're one of the good guys in this world. Keep doing the top-notch work!

I could not have said it better! This is why I chose AirVPN more than a year ago. They stand by their mission and their customers. They are the best.

Do you know when this will take effect - Do you think the Hong Kong server will be able to handle the Singapore load

The Hong Kong server will definitly be able to take the load of the Singapore servers. The Hong Kong server is a 1Gbit/s server while each of the five Singapore servers are 100Mbit/s servers. So the Hong Kong server will be more than able to handle the load. You have no worries!

Hi

I,m new to AirVPN, But the more i read the more i like.

With regard to the singapore situation, Respect for standing

up for your principles.

Well done

dlmlus

horrible news.

singapore is the only airvpn server where the latency and performance is still acceptable (~120ms) for voip/gaming/video to south korea.

japan would be better and hong kong results in ~300ms latency, routing in asia is a bitch

Yea this news sucks for me. merg server was the only server i got decent ping on, around 120. Im in japan... Hope you guys can find a replacement soon. But props for staying true to the fight!

There are no good alternatives for most in the Asia region. Hong kong server latency is still poor when compared to all the Singapore servers. Most services have the Hong Kong server restricted in any case. You can't watch most yourtube clips from the Hong Kong server as it's restricted content.

There Singapore servers were the only ones that had low enough latency for live services. I had tried every other server that Air has and nothing compares.

In my Opinion Air and other VPN providers should start looking to purchase boxes in DC's that are neautral and then they are not beholding to Softlayer or any other Providers control.

very bad news for me too.  Living in Thailand, the singapore servers were only 30ms ping and could max out my bandwidth.  They were the reason I bought another 6 months over my initial 3 months.

connection to HK for me has poor speed (not Air's fault) so isn't an alternative.

Malaysia may have good datacenters but I think they have restrictive laws that would not allow for the service that Air wants to provide.

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency

any updates?

i just subscribed because of the .sg servers...

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency :(

any updates?

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that we're finalizing agreements for a 1 Gbit/s server in Singapore in a network neutral datacenter.

Kind regards

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency

any updates?

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that we're finalizing agreements for a 1 Gbit/s server in Singapore in a network neutral datacenter.

Kind regards

Very good news.  Will this be the same datacenter your previous servers were in?

Strangely in spite of living in Asia, I've always received the fastest speeds with west coast American servers, but the most reliable connection with NL servers (which also are pretty fast).  Leaseweb is a great provider and is about 'network netural' as they come.

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency

any updates?

Hello!

Kind regards

I cannot be any happier to see this news. I signed up to AirVPN last week, coming from a competitor service provider, and sad enough the news about the .sg servers withdrawal caught me off guard. Had tiny thoughts of signing up somewhere else, but this made my day. Am going to stick around longer, hoping the best for AirVPN and the Asia customer base that they have. Just hope the server will be up soon! HK/NL latency is terrible for VoIP/content streaming!

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency

any updates?

Hello!

Kind regards

AirVPN comes up big again! 

Good News for Security But bad news overall..I was about to subscribe and renew for 6 months but will hold out until new sing servers are provided..best servers ever..pls pls pls get us like 10 SG servers

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency

any updates?

Hello!

Kind regards

Welcome and happy news!  Can you give an estimate of when it'll be ready for use?

and .sg is gone.

hello ~250ms latency :(

any updates?

Hello!

Kind regards

Welcome and happy news!  Can you give an estimate of when it'll be ready for use?

Hello!

Right now: https://airvpn.org/topic/12063-new-1-gbits-server-available-antares-sg

Enjoy!

Kind regards

Well done, Everyone at AirVPN.

I,ve had a trial and will be coming back for more, Wish you had a cash service signup though.

dlmlus