Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.163.58
bluesjunior

Port Forwarding and Start with Windows Questions?.

I have just installed AirVPN and while attempting to see that the configuration is ok and all is working well I went to add the port number of my P2P program Qbittorrent but after entering the port number and clicking on Add I get a pop up telling me that the port is already being used by another client. I assume this must be me as I am alone on this PC. I already have a specific ruleset for Qbittorrent in my Comodo CIS Firewall Rule Sets so perhaps I din't need to add Port Forwarding. As a test I downloaded a file using Qbittorrent from a torrent site and it appears to be working as usual. The only reason I entered the port number in the Client area was to ensure that I had the optimum configuration set. Does this mean that I don't need to install a port in the Port Forwarding box?.

AirVPN is not starting with Windows and I see no entry for it when I scan with Autoruns. After I had checked that I was connected to the Internet and my P2P client was working I restarted my PC but AirVPN did not start automatically as I would prefer, and I had to start it manually while okaying a couple of pop ups from Comodo. Perhaps this is a Comodo related problem so could you point me at a solution to this. Do I need to have another rule set for AirVPN or what?. I have already "allowed all" and set as a trusted application in the Firewall Application Rules so I am not sure what else I should do to ensure that AirVPN starts with windows, any help gladly appreciated.

I have just installed AirVPN and while attempting to see that the configuration is ok and all is working well I went to add the port number of my P2P program Qbittorrent but after entering the port number and clicking on Add I get a pop up telling me that the port is already being used by another client. I assume this must be me as I am alone on this PC. I already have a specific ruleset for Qbittorrent in my Comodo CIS Firewall Rule Sets so perhaps I din't need to add Port Forwarding. As a test I downloaded a file using Qbittorrent from a torrent site and it appears to be working as usual. The only reason I entered the port number in the Client area was to ensure that I had the optimum configuration set. Does this mean that I don't need to install a port in the Port Forwarding box?.

Do it vice versa: Forward a random port by just clicking Add and enter the port in qBittorrent's settings.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Bluesjunior,

As for the starting up with windows....

Start Airvpn client, right click the taskbar icon, select "preferences" select the "general" tab, select "Connect as startup", (you may also want to select 'force reconnection to last server at startup if you think you want some consisentcy to your exit ip), under the "Microsoft Windows Only" section check  "start with windows", click save.  This should in theory start the Air-vpn client when windows starts, and start the auto connect process, in the course of making these changes you may have to either confirm with your security software (comodo\win-defender\etc) that you want to allow these changes.  My appologies if you already did these steps and didn't mention it.

@bluesjunior, as of Eddie 2.2 there is a bug in the autostart code on Windows. I had created a thread earlier for the same (https://airvpn.org/topic/11660-eddie-doesnt-auto-start-on-windows-boot/). I am linking to the post containing info on how I solved it for myself.

https://airvpn.org/topic/11660-eddie-doesnt-auto-start-on-windows-boot/?do=findComment&comment=18236

I noticed that the client had already created a Scheduled Task to auto start the client. I had to change two things to get it to work.

- Changed the trigger from `At System Startup` to `At Logon; Any User`.

- Changed the action from `Start notepad` to `Start <path to AirVPN.exe>`

This works for me as I am the only user of my system. Some versions of Windows allow more than one user to be logged on. In that case AirVPN could potentially start twice and then I don't know what would happen.

@bluesjunior, as of Eddie 2.2 there is a bug in the autostart code on Windows. I had created a thread earlier for the same (https://airvpn.org/topic/11660-eddie-doesnt-auto-start-on-windows-boot/). I am linking to the post containing info on how I solved it for myself.

https://airvpn.org/topic/11660-eddie-doesnt-auto-start-on-windows-boot/?do=findComment&comment=18236

I noticed that the client had already created a Scheduled Task to auto start the client. I had to change two things to get it to work.

- Changed the action from `Start notepad` to `Start <path to AirVPN.exe>`

This works for me as I am the only user of my system. Some versions of Windows allow more than one user to be logged on. In that case AirVPN could potentially start twice and then I don't know what would happen.

I followed another tutorial on creating a shortcut to the AirVPN folder in my "C" Drive Windows folder and then dragging the shortcut into the start up folder. Now the whole folder opens when I sign into Windows and I click on the blue AirVPN link in that folder and then connect from there. I did not need that as I could just as well have used the shortcut on my desktop to do the same. I still have to manually start AirVPN. I would have thought that AirVPN would automatically connect itself on System Startup/Windows Sign In but this is not happening with me. I am also the sole user of this PC but am not very PC tekkie so could you walk me through where I find the prompts you mention above, ie "

- Changed the action from `Start notepad` to `Start <path to AirVPN.exe>`" Thanks for your replies.

I found the following post via Google - http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-open-windows-task-scheduler.html

It has detailed instructions, much better than what I could have written myself. If you follow the above guide, you can ignore step 7. You will find the scheduled task you are looking for in Step 6. It should have AirVPN in it's name. Steps 8 onwards help you find the required prompts.

Cheers.

I found the following post via Google - http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-open-windows-task-scheduler.html

It has detailed instructions, much better than what I could have written myself. If you follow the above guide, you can ignore step 7. You will find the scheduled task you are looking for in Step 6. It should have AirVPN in it's name. Steps 8 onwards help you find the required prompts.

Cheers.

Thank You.

First, I have to say I am amazed that I am a paying customer and I have to wait to get my posts approved and I am banned from starting a new topic AND support doesnt respond to their tickets.

All that, aside from my initial problem of not being able to connect on Windows 8.1. I can connect fine on my phone (it was actually pretty breezy and easy.) However, I have read through the forum posts including https://airvpn.org/topic/9645-openvpn-tap-windows-81-adapter-problem/ (which is now closed) and why I am posting here since I cant create a new thread.

Ive tried to follow those methods mentioned but I am coming to no avail. The kicker is, the first time I used a VPN on this same computer was with Witopia. I connected to OpenVPN through them just fine until I let my account expire and I signed up for a new account. I had to uninstall and reinstall their client but I was never able to connect to OpenVPN anymore just IPsec.

Now that I have AirVPN I am still not able to connect to OpenVPN. What I get is an infinite connection loop. Does anyone or staff have a clue how to fix this so I can connect? Its perfect for my phone. Great connecting times and speeds but Windows seems to have a problem. Glad to know Im not the only one.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I also tried this method here with no luck:

Someone may find it useful

https://www.waselpro.com/en/faq/54/

How to solve Windows 8.1 OpenVPN problem
May 18, 2014, 6:01 p.m.

Microsoft Windows 8 users, who updated to Windows 8.1, have complained that they're not able to use OpenVPN client on Windows 8.1 or even to manually configure VPN connection on Windows 8.1. The reason behind this problem is that when you update to Windows 8.1, all TAP-drivers are removed. If the tap-windows driver is not installed, you won't be able to get OpenVPN to work properly on Windows 8.1 and you won't be able to connect to any OpenVPN server on Windows 8.1. Therefore the solution would be to download Windows 8.1 OpenVPN TAP by following the steps mentioned in this tutorial.

Grant administrator privileges To C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\devcon.exe

If you can't find TAP-WINDOWS folder, please install

http://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/openvpn-install-2.3.4-I001-x86_64.exe

If you can't find devcon,exe look for it in C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\bin\

Right click on devcon.exe, select "Preferences", Click on the "Compatibility" tab, for

"Set compatibility mode to", choose "Windows 7" from the dropdown menu.

Now enable administrator privileges and click Ok.

- Run as administrator C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\deltapall (right click and run as administrator)

- Run as administrator C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\addtap (right click and run as administrator)

Update:

The client still doesn't connect. Just a connection loop still.

I got the OpenVPN client to work (or so it says I am connected) However, Ipleak.net still shows my IP!!!

Still no word from support. Atleast the moderators appoved my messages.

Update:

The client still doesn't connect. Just a connection loop still.

I got the OpenVPN client to work (or so it says I am connected) However, Ipleak.net still shows my IP!!!

Still no word from support. Atleast the moderators appoved my messages.

Hello,

you're probably not reading neither the tickets system nor your e-mail (the one associated to your account) because all the tickets in the queue, including yours, are handled in 0 - 2 hours. Check it out. Topic locked.

Kind regards