Not connected, Your IP: 52.15.199.188

Hi all,

quick question here - looking at using a VPN now that there will be some form of phantom "cease and desist/you're being naughty" communications being sent to suspected users of bit torrents/P2P file sharing in the UK.

I was reviewing a thread on torrentfreak around the "anonymity" questions where it is claimed that AIRVPN absolutely does not perform any logging, however on the front page of sign up the site mentions some form of statistics reporting functionality. My question is - what type of logging is being achieved to support statistics; if there is no logging how is this possible?

Any advice/guidance much appreciated!

Hello!

The stats showed on the status page are on RAM so they are not logged, they are lost as soon as the client disconnects. Anyway, they are not relevant for privacy and even less for the case you cite. On top of that, such stats are results of computations from VPN servers report to different servers contacted indirectly, so they are not kept in VPN servers RAM, but on the RAM of other backend servers which can't be contacted directly by clients or anybody else.

Another kind of stats can be stored on file. They are optional: by default they are not active and can be activated by you in your control panel. In case of activation, anyway no IP address is recorded. Also, they can be deleted anytime by de-activating the option. They are meant as an additional commodity (to aid troubleshooting sometimes), not for privacy intrusion.

Kind regards

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. My concern was more around if some form of court order enabled the seizure of any logs held by your environment.

Thanks for your answer - time to sign up to a 3 month trial I think via paypal