Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.138.221
Sign in to follow this  
acacia

ANSWERED Using AirVPN with SSH Tunnel

I am having problem figuring out how to use the SSH Tunnel, following indications at

https://airvpn.org/ssh/

• From command line (root NOT required):
    "AirVPN <..> - SSH <..>.sh"
  • From another command line (as root):
    openvpn "AirVPN <..> - SSH <..>.ovpn"

when I use the first option the "comand is not found"

when I use the second option the "conection is refused"

Now, I guess both commands are consecutive, and not alternatives....

Also this never happens:

SSH connections need to store never met before keys to the list of known hosts (Unix/Linux/*BSD) or to the registry (Windows). You will be prompted to accept this action. Answer 'y' to store the key (necessary only the first time you connect to a server)

I am using gnu/linux debian wheezy

many thanks for any light

Hello!

From the first shell, cd to the directory where you have the .sh file and issue the command ./nameofthefile.sh

After that, open another shell as root, cd to the directory where you have the .ovpn file pertaining to OpenVPN over SSH and type the command:

openvpn "name of the .ovpn file"

Try to use OpenVPN over SSH only when absolutely unavoidable (for example in China and Iran).

Kind regards

Hello!

From the first shell, cd to the directory where you have the .sh file and issue the command ./nameofthefile.sh

After that, open another shell as root, cd to the directory where you have the .ovpn file pertaining to OpenVPN over SSH and type the command:

openvpn "name of the .ovpn file"

Try to use OpenVPN over SSH only when absolutely unavoidable (for example in China and Iran).

Kind regards

Thank you, i will try this. I undestand, but my country is passing agresive internet laws, and this might be a solution soon for some of us, so i am only doing testing to be ready when times comes.

I have succesfully connected with ssh tunnel following Staff's indications, but regenerating the files first, and only selecting the SSH port 22 option.

Thank you.

Has anyone managed to get SSh Tunnelled connections working on Windows 7 x64, yet? - I have managed to

get the following to run, but only by pasting it directly into a CMD window:

plink.exe -i sshtunnel.ppk -L 1412:127.0.0.1:2018 sshtunnel@184.75.214.164 -P 53 -N -T

- the .bat file is messed-up in some way and just hangs if you try to run that and, unfortunately, the above fails

when it comes to the password. - What password? - If you try your user password it won't accept it, so what is

supposed to be used in place of the password?

I'm sorry, but I still don't manage how to connect. I am on debian, what is the required password?