Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.96.146
Sign in to follow this  
Indigo35

Torrent traffic drops out

Hello,

I'm using OS X with Transmission and have tried various servers only to get the same results.

Torrent traffic will run fine for half a minute or so, and then drop out to nothing. It's a vicious cycle. Some servers are better than others, burt all around this is an issue I've been having for several weeks.

I have port forwarding done correctly and my client states that the port is indeed open.

I don't know if I'm somehow being throttled -- I don't see how over the VPN.

The torrent traffic seems to disconnect from the swarms and then reconnect every few minutes. 

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hello,

it's worth checking whether you have some packet filtering tool that might "think" that the UDP traffic is a flood attack. When you connect OpenVPN in UDP mode, all the traffic to your system is UDP only. This may trigger security systems which start to drop packets. Please check your router as well.

Kind regards

I use Little Snitch with OS X, but that's the only thing.

I tell LS to allow my torrent client and Viscosity AND the OpenVPN protocol to allow any connection. I also told OS X to allow Transmission to have unlimited inbound connections.

Other than that, I don't have any packet filtering software. 

My router is a .ac Linksys and hasn't had any major software updates, etc. 

I've even tried chaining the forwarded ports in lower and higher numbers to see if that makes a difference and it does not. 

I'm considering trying TunnelBlick; however, configuring iptables for dropouts really isn't what I wanted to get involved with. 

Is there an easy way to set a disconnected-when-down for TunnelBlick?

I'm thinking that trying another VPN client might remedy my issue.

*bump*

I'm sorry to bump this topic; however, I'm still having issues with the torrent traffic dropping out.

Is there anything on my Mac I should look for as far as the computer (software) thinking that it is a UDP flood?

I've completely disabled Little Snitch daemon, but it's still dropping like crazy. 

Does anyone thing it might be the Viscosity client?

Thanks again!