Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.242.165
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New Bitcoin processor available: BitPay

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new payment processor for Bitcoin is available: BitPay. From now on, you can more comfortably pay in Bitcoin with an automated order in our web site. During the checkout, just select "Bitcoin (via BitPay)" and follow the quick & easy instructions! Paying in Bitcoin effectively enhances your privacy and improves the anonymity layer provided by our service.

We would like to remind you that ONE and ONLY ONE authorized AirVPN reseller currently exists (12-Feb-2014), bitcoincodes.com. Anybody else selling or proposing AirVPN subscriptions or selling coupon codes is NOT authorized by us (12-Feb-2014).

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN Staff

Just paid for subscription with Bitpay - and that was much worse than old way with bitcoincodes.

First of all, Bitpay blocked access via VPN and I had to disconnect from AirVPN in order to pay for AirVPN

Next, to see the price in BTC I have to press "pay" button, and the system created unpaid invoice. After the payment got it's way to AirVPN this invoice disappeared, but may be there should be a way to look at the price before the actual payment?

Bitpay gave 15 minutes for payment to be completed and that time ran out before BTC transaction was confirmed by Bitcoin network. I was lost - on AirVPN page there were two invoices (I made one one to see BTC price, another for the actual payment) and both were marked as "under review". I'd like to see "Cancel" button next to my test invoice and "In progress" label for the invoice being paid. Bitpay page says that invoice is expiried without a hint what to do with it.

Bitpay didn't allow me to enter so called "return address" - the address where bitcoins will be returned if something went wrong. Bitpay got my email address - a small, but unpleasant privacy issue.

Finally the transaction got it's first confirmation, AirVPN got aware of it, my subscription was extended for another 6 month and everything is OK now.

I'm your customer since 2011 and I'm going to keep to use your excellent service - but for God's sake, keep old good bitcoincodes.com that simply works!

Hello,

thank you for your subscription renewal. bitcoincodes.com is an authorized reseller as usual.

Kind regards

May I suggest Paysafecard as a form of payment, you pay cash in a newsagent, get a 16 digit pin and thats it, just enter the pin to pay for the service online, no registering details anywhere.

Disclaimer!

Don't try and pay from a VPN connection which looks like it is in a different Country from where it was purchased or the pin gets blocked. I learned that the hard way!