Not connected, Your IP: 44.220.131.93
Lee47

Strange DNS leak entries

Hi I think I have my DNS leaks fixed up, but I get varied DNS leaks using DNS Leak Test website.

On ip leak website it shows my current Ip address of 95.211.138.27 (airvpn exit server)

and the detected DNS address of 95.211.138.27 (airvpn exist server)

But when I use https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

I get these instead :

95.211.138.27 hosted-by.leaseweb.com LeaseWeb B.V. Netherlandsnl.png 54.xxx ec2-xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com Merck and Co.

United Statesus.png

I see and recongnize the leaseweb one, but whats this 54.xxx united states one, is this airvpns dns server still ?

Also find it strange how Ip leak does not show the united states one....

Hi I think I have my DNS leaks fixed up, but I get varied DNS leaks using DNS Leak Test website.

On ip leak website it shows my current Ip address of 95.211.138.27 (airvpn exit server)

and the detected DNS address of 95.211.138.27 (airvpn exist server)

But when I use https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

I get these instead :

95.211.138.27 hosted-by.leaseweb.com LeaseWeb B.V. Netherlandsnl.png 54.xxx ec2-xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com Merck and Co.

United Statesus.png

I see and recongnize the leaseweb one, but whats this 54.xxx united states one, is this airvpns dns server still ?

Also find it strange how Ip leak does not show the united states one....

This is what it looks like when the AirVPN backup DNS server takes over. It is on a virtual server at Amazon Web Services. You should be able to find other threads here talking about this.

I was just going to ask about this. I used GRC's DNS test and saw the Amazon server. I'll search for the other threads.

Yeah I found ipleak to not show this DNS leak

also DNS leak net did the same

As soon as I tried

https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm

I see amazon web services in US which I am not to happy about, or do you think the concern is unwarranted ? 

Was considering using opennic servers instead....

How are you so sure about that it is an air backup server?

Merck is an American company, one of worlds biggest company's producing pharmaceuticals and chemicals.

How do you know which is an AirVPN servers that are found as DNS leaks? I get this:

46.21.151.107 www.yundc.com Eureka Solutions Sp. z o.o. United Statesus.png

which is connected to some company called IDC. Should I just use non-US servers like Leonis to avoid this? Can I avoid this?

I'm on a Mac with the demonic Comcast.

Hello,

the DNS IP address should match with server exit-IP address. In some, rare circumstances you might see a 54... address. This happens when the "failover" DNS must be used because something is wrong on the VPN server DNS server.

EXCEPTION: Singapore VPN servers use different AirVPN servers DNS servers to avoid problems inside Singapore.

Kind regards