Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.100.120
Sign in to follow this  
sakisf

Unable to connect / watch netflix & hulu through DE servers

Hello,

I have subscriptions on netflix & trying to make a new in hulu. I have set up my tomato router through AirVPN DE servers. My DNS servers are 10.4.0.1 & then two servers from Opennic as per the suggestions of the site. Best AirVPN servers for me are NL & DE due to lower pings (~80ms). I understand that I cannot reach netflix through NL servers as there is an NL netflix now. However, when I try to connect through the German servers I get the dreaded 'unavailable to your country', so I am having to resort to US servers to get the content, but they are very slow for me - ~180-300ms pings and maximum about ~1.5 mbit/s.

So, I was wondering if it would be advisable for me to subscribe to a service like unblock-us or unotelly only to obtain their DNS servers which seem to do the job for these services and use them instead of the airvpn/opennic dns servers. If this combination works let me know, or if otherwise airvpn has plans to overcome the geolocation issues with the German servers.

Thank you.

Hello,

Netflix US and Hulu are already accessible from our German servers, please make sure that your system uses the VPN DNS.

Kind regards

I am testing from work now with openvpn client and it works fine from German server (Velorum). Probably I messed something up in my router configuration though leaktests showed things correctly and it's a kind of configuration where things can't go wrong easily (modem>ppoe bridge router>wifi bridge (vpn)>clients behind bridge). Will give it another try, but I am now getting HD content with little buffering so it seems great. Perhaps I should remove the opennic dns servers and only keep air dns?

I have tried again from home to access netflix and hulu and I am getting the same problems with netflix. Velorum is my server and both ipleak and dnsleaktest show that both my ip and dns are in Germany. But the response from netflix is : "Sorry, Netflix hasn't come to this part of the world yet" and hulu is ok.

If I go through a us server I still can watch both but there seems to be a problem with the dns and netflix. My openvpn settings for tomato are exactly the same as under the guide here in the forum. DNS = exclusive and only dns 10.4.0.1 under settings - if vpn is disconnected I cannot connect anywhere, therefore there is no issue with it getting another address too.

Would appreciate if you could check it and let me know if it works for you. I am inclined to get one of those dns services to help with those us services as I am not able to use the us vpn servers for torrenting.

Netflix officially should NOT work in Germany or using any German IP! Maybe! you have some plugins installed in your browser at work that unblocks Netflix, but originally, Netflix does not support Germany. To my knowledge, US and UK. I use the UK server, works perfect.

I too troed Germany for faster speeds, but it blocked my Netflix, so im back on the UK server.

Actually I think this shall be bypassed with the routing servers and the exclusive dns provided by the vpn server when you connect to German servers as it is supposed to go around geolocation discrimination but it appears it's not working at the moment with the German servers (at least not on netflix, it works with hulu & pandora). To me connecting through UK servers is equally bad to connecting through US servers as I am having too low speeds on them. The fastest for me are DE & NL, but NL already has netflix on their own so I can go only through DE for usable speeds. Anyway, I resorted to a cheap dns server scheme which allows me to watch from my home ip and I use the vpn only for torrenting atm.