Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.227.36
Sign in to follow this  
mindcruzer

simple CLI for setting up AirVPN on Ubuntu & Mint (and likely others)

I'm not sure if anyone else would find this useful, but I threw together a simple script the other day for speeding up the process of configuring and managing my VPN connections on my desktop (Linux Mint). Note that this is far from comprehensive--I made it with my use cases in mind.

https://github.com/mindcruzer/airvpn-cli

ex.

~$ airvpn setup pavonis --connect

Would prompt you for your username and password, generate the configuration, save it and set the appropriate permissions, then start the openvpn daemon. There are a few other useful commands as well.

This is what I get for not checking if there was API before saying there wasn't one

Right now I'm just parsing HTML from the website to get the information I need, which is causing a bit of overhead, but we're talking maybe a second or two of lag, so nothing major. That being said, adding the server list and server status to the API would be beneficial.

Thanks for pointing out the API, I'm definitely going to add a command to make use of the userinfo service.