Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.177.223
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s servers available: Dorsum, Erakis, Grafias, Keid (NL)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that four new 1 Gbit/s servers located in the Netherlands are available: Dorsum, Erakis, Grafias, Keid.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Dorsum, Erakis, Grafias and Keid support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Really apreciated!

Indeed appreciated, you guys rock. Just out of curiosity: Are the new servers located at Leaseweb, too?

Thank you AirVPN, I have done alot of research on different VPN providers and have been a customer of different premium vpn providers as well. I only wish that i could have found AirVPN sooner as it provides me with exactly what i need!

Keep up the Great Work

Indeed appreciated, you guys rock. Just out of curiosity: Are the new servers located at Leaseweb, too?

I am on one of them right now and it comes back to Leaseweb.  These new ones are smooth on this end.

I am on one of them right now and it comes back to Leaseweb.  These new ones are smooth on this end.

Ah, thanks for confirming. And I couldn't think of a reason for choosing another data center/provider than Leaseweb when available - all of the AirVPN servers hosted by them have top notch connectivity, peering and uptime. Leave it other 'certain' VPN providers to just dump more servers in more data centers to have a +1 country/whatever. I like the taste and basic principles of the Air admins.  

Ah, thanks for confirming. And I couldn't think of a reason for choosing another data center/provider than Leaseweb when available - all of the AirVPN servers hosted by them have top notch connectivity, peering and uptime.

I've come across a few sites (none I can recall offhand) that specifically block leaseweb though. It's good that there we have options...

Staff,

I am curious about something so I thought I would ask the question here, if it doesn't compromise AIR security to answer it.  If it does than just ignore the thread and I'll understand.

With 12+ Air servers now in the Netherlands, I am curious as to the physical positioning of the hardware.  I picture a large leaseweb IT computer facility with a dozen state of the art servers sitting there.  Is that how the system is setup OR are there servers physically scattered all around the Netherlands?

I am guessing its a trade off between ease of maintenance/control for possible advantages of hardware spread around.  Decisions!!

Hello!

Our NL servers are spread mainly across 2 of the 4 Leaseweb datacenters in the Netherlands.

Kind regards

Instead of adding servers in a country which has shown to having no problems hacking into internet exchanges.

And, in which the second biggest exchange in the world just decided to open itself up to possibly (legal) US snooping.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130929/15054924692/amsterdam-internet-exchange-volunteering-to-be-governed-fisa-patriot-act.shtml

https://airvpn.org/topic/10042-big-nl-internet-exchange-possibly-nsa-tap/

why not try to find some "offshore" datacenter;

by "offshore" i mean : outside of US/western sphere of influence.  Russia?