Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.63.90
Sign in to follow this  
thar3tra

Twitter acting strange, 3 minutes to process a request

Hi

Lately I have been noticing Twitter acting strange on several occasions. The website just "times out", with no error messages, no redirect to the standard "your connection or the website might be having problems" page in Chrome, the connection just appears to continue processing the request endlessly. This happens to all connections on twitter, be it scrolling down to load another chunk of tweets, showing a conversation, opening a profile etc, opening a new tab of twitter, forcing a reload etc. No other websites appear to be affected by the issue. The issue stops as suddenly and randomly as it begins, and it does not align with the hourly encryption key change. 

I'm not too familiar with Chromes network debugging tool and it's coloring, but here is an example of a GET request taking a whopping 2 minutes to complete. The mouse-over text doesn't give much of an explanation either.

2BDlfCt.png

Now this isn't a major issue by any stretch, but it's rather annoying and I would appreciate if anyone had some insight in why this is happening and if something can be done about it.

Thanks

Hello,

you can safely discard the TLS re-keying as a potential cause because it is performed with over-lapping windows, there's no time pressure and performance difference is not humanly detectable.

At the moment we can't reproduce the issue with Chrome. Does it happen to you on some particular server, or on all servers? Does it occur with Chrome or with all browsers? Is it the same if you disable all Chrome add-ons/plug-ins (if you have any)?

Kind regards

Hi again

Reproducing or getting some kind of relevant information about this issue is hard, as the issue only happens a few times each day. I haven't found anything that could trigger this, as I usually notice it because the loading of additional tweets when you scroll down suddenly never loads, even if additional tweets just loaded seconds before. I then try to expand a conversation or open a profile to confirm that there is a problem. Scrolling through the entirety of all available tweets after reloading the page when the issue has resolved itself works perfectly. As I said, no errors of any kind appear in either the AirVPN client logs or in Chrome. I only use the two Swedish servers, but can't confirm nor deny if it happens on only one of them at this time. The issue happened today, as well as in the past, while connected to Serpentis. I will use Cygni tomorrow with my only add-on, Adblock, disabled. I haven't done any testing with other browsers, but because of the rarity of the issue, I don't think using another browser for a day can confirm it being a Chrome-related issue. 

As previously mentioned, this is no big deal and only an annoying curiosity, but I feel this behavior was strange as I haven't experienced similar issues with any other websites.