Hi support et al,

I have :-

1. Paid a subscription

2. Downloaded a AirVPN Windows 32 Client + Open VPN

3. I installed Open VPN

4. I ran AirVPN

5. I have logged in through AirVPN - I assume successfully

Now what happens ?

If I run a web browser it still uses/detects my normal IP ?

I may be old and nearly deaf - but I'm not blind and I haven't been able to find any detailed installation info for AirVPN.

Another thing I have noticed is that "TAP-Windows Adapter V9" is continually "Acquiring a Network address".

I have created some *.ovpn from AirVPN and tried running OpenVPN directly - but it won't authenticate.

Some suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

BTW: I have never used a VPN before.

cheers

OldFart :?

Hello!

Thank you for your susbscription.

The Air client is a stand-alone executable, it does not need installation. OpenVPN requires installation.

Instructions for supported systems are in menu "Enter". Direct link for Windows:

https://airvpn.org/windows

After you have launched the Air client browse to https://airvpn.org and check the central bottom box. If your system is connected it's green, otherwise it's red.

Please send us your client logs after an attempted connection: right-click on the Air dock icon, select "Logs", click on "Copy to clipboard" and paste in a message.

Kind regards

Hi Support aka admin,

Thank you for your rapid response and tips.

I will suggest that you make a "sticky" in your forums for Installation i.e. to the "Enter" web page - as once I had registered - I "tended" to ignore the "Enter" Tab and only looked at the "Support" and "Member Area" links/Tabs.

But back on topic - I have just run up IE and checked my IP and - yep - it sure ain't mine

I am still posting this from FireFox and just checked my IP - and yep - it too isn't mine - lol

I am guessing my problem was that I opened the *.zip file and then ran the OpenVNC install and then tried using the AirVPN client.

I will try again tomorrow using my VM version of Ubuntu and see if I can get it correct there as well.

I must say I appreciate the very quick response!

Kudos to you guys!

cheers

OldFart