Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.67.26
Sign in to follow this  
airport

Pb with Freenet

Hi,

I have a pb with freenet, i can' t connect with other nodes (users), they connect and disconnect almost immediately and i can't surf. I try with and without vpn same result. I run freenet on virtual machine (virtualbox) and i try both windows and linux. The only time that works was with a double vpn, one in the host and another in the guest. Maybe i have to route port on virtualbox. I try a search on freenet support and found this response :

One possible problem is that your VPN may have a very small MTU. Freenet needs something like a 1024 byte MTU to function, especially on opennet.

Any tips ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have a pb with freenet, i can' t connect with other nodes (users), they connect and disconnect almost immediately and i can't surf. I try with and without vpn same result. I run freenet on virtual machine (virtualbox) and i try both windows and linux. The only time that works was with a double vpn, one in the host and another in the guest. Maybe i have to route port on virtualbox. I try a search on freenet support and found this response :

One possible problem is that your VPN may have a very small MTU. Freenet needs something like a 1024 byte MTU to function, especially on opennet.

Any tips ?

Thanks in advance

Hello!

The MTU in Air is the OpenVPN default (1500 bytes). The fact that your setup does not work in any case (with or without connection to an Air server) suggests that there's something wrong in your freenet configuration.

Kind regards

Hi,

I think that's a pb with Virtualbox config but don't find so much help on the freenet or virtualbox user board.

I'll give it a try with vpn connection on the guest only.

Thanks for your help,

Bye

Hi,

Just to close the thread like i said i launch the vpn connexion on the guest and it works like a charm !!! Maybe a redirection port pb i don' t know.

Bye