Photo
- - - - -

Vuze -> error: socket selector.open() failed 10 times...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michigan82

michigan82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Just a quick question to all of you using Vuze alias Azureus and having the following error:

"error: socket selector.open() failed 10 times in a row, aborting. Azureus / Java is likely being firewalled."

That's the massage I get since yesterday. It suddenly appeared without any obvious reason. I haven't changed anything. But logically there must be a reason for the error to have occured. Otherwise it should work properly. I have Vuze 4.8.0.0 and Java 7 update 9. Anyone else with such an error?

#2 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Just a quick question to all of you using Vuze alias Azureus and having the following error:

"error: socket selector.open() failed 10 times in a row, aborting. Azureus / Java is likely being firewalled."

That's the massage I get since yesterday. It suddenly appeared without any obvious reason. I haven't changed anything. But logically there must be a reason for the error to have occured. Otherwise it should work properly. I have Vuze 4.8.0.0 and Java 7 update 9. Anyone else with such an error?

Hello!

Some hints and hopefully possible solutions:
http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?messageID=187588

Kind regards

#3 michigan82

michigan82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. I've already checked comodo firewall but there seems to be everything allright. Before there weren't any problems between vuze and comodo either. I already launched vuze with comodo completely disabled... but vuze nonetheless shows the same problem. Because of that I excluded comodo as the reason for the problem. In another forum I read that a user replaced java 7 by java 6 and then it worked again. Sounds a little mystic to me as some days ago it also worked with java 7 for me. It looks as if it was one of the problems that will take hours and days to solve... loving it...

best regards
mich

#4 michigan82

michigan82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

For those who should get this error too: I couldn't solve that problem. All suggesting solutions I took into consideration... but unfortunately they didn't solve the problem. For this reason I restored my system using a backup image. As I regularily make backups I decided not to waste my time but restoring completely my system-partition. And now it works again.

cheers,
mich

#5 michigan82

michigan82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hello mates, the problem appeared again so I had no choice and was forced to find out what exactly causes this error. And finally, after a lot of testing, I could find out. It is an windows update. For all of you using windows 7 64bit in conjunction with Vuze, the following update can produce the above described error:

Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2750841)

After deinstalling that update everything works perfectly again. For those of you interested in that update, here is the microsoft description: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2750841/en-us

cheers,
Mich
  • seo likes this