Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.175.180
Sign in to follow this  
FPyro

[SOLVED] Utorrent shuts down connection

Hi!

I have some strange problem with utorrent here: Whenever I start it the connection completely shuts down. I'm still connected to the server, but I basically have no internet, can't browse or do anything! When I shut utorrent down and reconnect, it seems to work! Only utorrent causes this I think, because my other torrenting tool seems to work...

Is that possible, what can be done about it? Think I had some problems with that in the past, but now I really blame utorrent, wasn't so sure before.

Hope this can be fixed somehow.

thank you

I think I am having this problem as well. I will connect to a VPN server and then start uTorrent, and for a while it will download and seed just fine. If I leave for a few hours (or go to sleep), when I come back airVPN has disconnected and is trying to reconnect. Somehow this process also screws up my network settings - after this occurs my computer won't recognize my ethernet cable until reboot.

Hello,

apparently the above are two different problems.

Can you both give us some additional info please... which uTorrent and OS version do you use? Does uTorrent have administrator privileges when it runs? Is the bandwidth limits (especially up) for uTorrent correctly set in order not to hog your bandwidth?

Kind regards

Hi!

It's just a suspicion of mine, but I'm fairly certain it has something to do with utorrent. With another torrent tool nothing like that happens.

I'm using windows 7 x64 Ultimate. My utorrent is 2.2.1 and has no special privileges; I'm certainly not running it as Admin when the problem happens. Yeah, bandwidth is limited on both up/download to about 80%.

Don't really want to update utorrent if I'm not sure that it's really caused by the older version. Also some private sites don't allow utorrent 3.xxx

Thank you.

Hi!

It's just a suspicion of mine, but I'm fairly certain it has something to do with utorrent. With another torrent tool nothing like that happens.

I'm using windows 7 x64 Ultimate. My utorrent is 2.2.1 and has no special privileges; I'm certainly not running it as Admin when the problem happens. Yeah, bandwidth is limited on both up/download to about 80%.

Don't really want to update utorrent if I'm not sure that it's really caused by the older version. Also some private sites don't allow utorrent 3.xxx

Thank you.

Hello!

Ok, uTorrent 2.2.1 is just fine and we are testing the very same version. Currently we can't reproduce the problem in any way. Does it happen on every server or only on some servers? Is uTP disabled? Can you give us the uTorrent configuration so that we can mimic it for our tests? What is your exact Windows version?

Kind regards

Hi!

Thank you.

Hello!

Ok, uTorrent 2.2.1 is just fine and we are testing the very same version. Currently we can't reproduce the problem in any way. Does it happen on every server or only on some servers? Is uTP disabled? Can you give us the uTorrent configuration so that we can mimic it for our tests? What is your exact Windows version?

Kind regards

Ok, it is utorrent 100%. The connection on Leonis (udp 443) was fine for hours, no torrents running, only streaming. Then I started utorrent and it worked fine for about 10 seconds, with upload slowly increasing and DHT finding 63 nodes. Then the connection completely shut down. Nothing appeared in the logs. Reconnecting only fixed it.

So far it happens on Castor and Leonis. Not tested other servers yet.

uTP is enabled, DHT as well.

It's running on Windows 7 x64, Service pack 1 (6.1, Build 7601) - everything always up to date.

Utorrent is forced to encrypt all outgoing connections and don't allow legacy ones. Using ipfilter.dat as well. ....... maybe that's the damned reason......gonna check right away.

Edit: No, still same problem. Don't understand that at all. About the exact settings: Should I post each one here or is there some settings file which I could attach?

Edit2:

Alright, I downloaded utorrent 2.2.1 build 25110 again, run as administrator and reinstalled. I also disabled a tool called cFos Speed, which does traffic shaping...giving low priority to file sharing for example. Never thought that it could be the reason.....but I blame that right now.

but I also disabled uTP and changed encryption from forced to enabled and "allow legacy connections"

well, whatever it was exactly... I've been uploading at 90% of my max upload for almost 10 min. now... and therefore the problem seems to be fixed. Very confusing to me right now...

Thank you anyway, your efforts and concern is highly appreciated. Glad I could fix it myself this time. Maybe I'll experiment a bit to find out what exactly caused it.

By the way, I love the new openVPN on Leonis, which allows to reconnect very quickly without errors (like the "Auth failed"...) Hope you'll implement that on all servers

Edit2:

Alright, I downloaded utorrent 2.2.1 build 25110 again, run as administrator and reinstalled. I also disabled a tool called cFos Speed, which does traffic shaping...giving low priority to file sharing for example. Never thought that it could be the reason.....but I blame that right now.

Hello!

Very glad to know that you managed to solve the problem.

EDIT: it was not meant that you should run uTorrent with administrator privileges, quite the contrary.

but I also disabled uTP and changed encryption from forced to enabled and "allow legacy connections"

well, whatever it was exactly... I've been uploading at 90% of my max upload for almost 10 min. now... and therefore the problem seems to be fixed. Very confusing to me right now...

Excellent! Although we could never observe uTP to cause leaks with OpenVPN, keep in mind that it is designed (also) to pass through NATs and firewalls. As a (maybe excessive) precaution, it's better to keep it off when connected to a VPN. We allow port forwarding and we don't shape traffic, so you should not need uTP at all.

Thank you anyway, your efforts and concern is highly appreciated. Glad I could fix it myself this time. Maybe I'll experiment a bit to find out what exactly caused it.

By the way, I love the new openVPN on Leonis, which allows to reconnect very quickly without errors (like the "Auth failed"...) Hope you'll implement that on all servers ;)

Thank you very much for the feedback. The new system is implemented in Orionis and Bootis as well. Just a few more testing days and we'll proceed to install it on every server.

Moreover, stay tuned for some very good news in the next days and in the next weeks! :)

Kind regards