• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hdloader11

hdloader11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:03 AM

I have been using airvpn for a few years now, and I'm pretty happy with the service I'm getting. However recently whenever I use some of the servers from Germany/Netherlands and sometimes Switzerland, all the sites get very suspicious. Especially sometimes google asks me to complete a captcha to search something, and I have to change my server to some other one if I don't want to solve a captcha every time when making a search. I also tend to get flagged by captcha on other websites very frequently as well, while I almost never get captcha requests when not using the VPN.

I believe it's a recent problem, let's say for the last 6~ months, that I'm getting these issues. Here I'm listing some of the known offenders in which I always get too many captcha and sometimes outright blocked :

For Netherlands

Hassaleh

For Germany

Mesarthim

Intercrus

Veritate

Tucana

Serpens

Errai

For Switzerland

Kitalpha

Most of these problems stem from the German servers, which are the ones I use the most due to lower ping and higher download speed. I'm wondering if anyone else is having similar problems to mine where they get a lot of captcha requests and blocked from websites?

#2 airsecurity19

airsecurity19

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Well, the easiest way to tell is if you provide as much info as you're comfortable with (such as browser user agent, OS etc) and the websites where you're seeing the captcha.

If possible, try to make as easy to reproduce case as possible. Others can then test those servers under as ideal conditions as possible to identify if it is the servers or just you.

There are too many variables involved to simply make a judgement either way. For example, I've never seen a captcha whilst using the VPN, however in the past other providers (PIA) were awful and got a captcha for every site using Cloudflare (which is not so nice).

#3 Triss_M

Triss_M

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:33 PM

Maybe those servers are used by too many people. Some websites consider IPs suspicious if they receive too many requests from them.

I also read that some people run Tor nodes behind AirVPN servers. Many sites consider them suspicious as well.