• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CeleryMan

CeleryMan

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

Hello, this is my first time posting here. Whenever I try to connect to Eddie, the software seems to be stuck in a loop, with an error message appearing in my Windows Explorer saying "netsh command failed". This happens continually with no connection in the client software happening.

Here are my logs:

Spoiler

If anyone knows what is happening from looking at these logs

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:22 AM

Hello!

Could you please try re-installing? Remembering to install all the drivers as prompted.

You could even try the experimental client then. Instructions in my signature.

Let us know how you get on :).

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 CeleryMan

CeleryMan

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:51 AM

I tried uninstalling it to being the reinstalling process. However, after running the uninstaller, and then re-installing after downloading the installer from this website, the folder that gets created shows the same Eddie-UI client, last modified 3 months ago upon my inital installation. How do I remedy this problem to uninstall and re-install properly?

EDIT: In fact, when I try uninstalling a re-installing, and then running the launcher, I run into my initial problem I posted about. So no progress there.

#4 CeleryMan

CeleryMan

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

Do I bump this? I have no idea how any of this is supposed to go when I have this problem

#5 knighthawk

knighthawk

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

Do I bump this? I have no idea how any of this is supposed to go when I have this problem

I don't know if this is correct or not but it may have something to do with setting up dns on ip6 interface.  It appears like your client gets the push of options from server side and while executing part of it (ip6 dns) it fatally fails, and then this triggers the loop.

. 2018.12.11 17:42:21 - OpenVPN > do_ifconfig, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=1
. 2018.12.11 17:42:22 - OpenVPN > NETSH: C:\Windows\system32\netsh.exe interface ipv6 set address interface=22 fde6:7a:7d20:17c4::10ee store=active
. 2018.12.11 17:42:23 - OpenVPN > NETSH: C:\Windows\system32\netsh.exe interface ipv6 set dns {665DA1EA-26CB-446A-9FB9-F07C091EAB47} static fde6:7a:7d20:17c4::1 validate=no
E 2018.12.11 17:42:23 - OpenVPN > ERROR: netsh command failed: returned error code 1
. 2018.12.11 17:42:27 - OpenVPN > NETSH: command failed
. 2018.12.11 17:42:27 - OpenVPN > Exiting due to fatal error

Unless you're specifically in need of ip6 atm, try disabling in the Eddie client the IP6 options.  If I recall in 2.16.x this is under the networking tab\section, and you can setup IP6 layer to just 'Block' and, probably more importantly  there is a checkbox in DNS tab for windows ignoring the ip6 dns push from the server, that you should try checking\testing.

It's possible actually just doing the last thing (the checkbox) might resolve the issue, though it doesn't necessarily explain\solve the why the netsh is failing in the first place but that may be it's whole other wall of wax.

/2cents hope it's helpful.

#6 CeleryMan

CeleryMan

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

Tried what you were saying, it was already set to "Block". Unchecking that and attempting to connect to a server yields the same results as before. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

#7 LZ1

LZ1

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:43 AM

Tried what you were saying, it was already set to "Block". Unchecking that and attempting to connect to a server yields the same results as before. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

You could submit a support ticket.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

#8 CeleryMan

CeleryMan

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:13 AM

Just under "Support request" in the "Contact Us" tab of the web page, correct?

#9 LZ1

LZ1

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

Yep.