Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.85.76
Sign in to follow this  
AceVentura

Can't connect to seeders using bittorrent

Hi support,

I have been using your VPN for 3 weeks with no significant problems so far, but now can't connect to seeders in bittorrent. I have downloaded several Gb's mostly via p2p these past weeks so my connection and bittorrent client has been working well, but I don't use the connection 24/7. Peers are being found mainly by DHT and the tracker is allowed in my firewall. Is this traffic being shaped/blocked by you or my ISP? I have tried different bittorrent clients and was by chance it seems able to download about 20Mb this morning. Please help me the best you can to fix this or please explain what is happening and why. Thanks.

Hi support,

I have been using your VPN for 3 weeks with no significant problems so far, but now can't connect to seeders in bittorrent. I have downloaded several Gb's mostly via p2p these past weeks so my connection and bittorrent client has been working well, but I don't use the connection 24/7. Peers are being found mainly by DHT and the tracker is allowed in my firewall. Is this traffic being shaped/blocked by you or my ISP? I have tried different bittorrent clients and was by chance it seems able to download about 20Mb this morning. Please help me the best you can to fix this or please explain what is happening and why. Thanks.

Hello!

We don't monitor connections and we don't perform packet shaping of any kind. Did you change something in your torrent client configuration? Did you change firewall or antivirus program? What is your OS and torrent client?

Kind regards

Thanks for your confirmation, admin.

I was unsure if my data usage was too high (above 10Gb in the month) despite your unlimited policy.

At this stage I can only guess the most likely reason is that I have a virus or registry corruption of some kind and so will restore my system and reply if the problem is not corrected.

Best regards.

The only things I can think of are if your ISP somehow limits your connection or, if you're using a private tracker, if you have a very bad seed ratio and your account has been suspended/limited because of it.

Thanks for your reply, worric: the torrents I was trying to download were completely new ones with no data previously downloaded except for when I got that rouge 20Mb. I have a feeling perhaps somehow certain clients get banned on the tracker and perhaps similar to what you say about bad seeders.

It's working again, but only using the most popular client utorrent!

The only thing I dislike about utorrent is the force re-check of torrent data doesn't work which is really useful to have.

Thanks to AirVPN for the really good network service and liberal data allowance and so I will be renewing my membership in a week's time if the network proves as good then as these past three weeks have been.

Keep up the great work.