Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.12.222
freemansteve

Refreshing server list loses "score" information

Hi,

The last several versions of Eddie seem to have a problem on my rig (win 8.1 x64).

I auto login on launch, so the client checks 180 ? or so servers, and selects the one at the top of the score list (usually in Holland). Like this:

On pressing the refresh button, I get this, which is messed up and the scorings have been lost:

Is this a bug, or am I doing something unusual?

I'm fairly sure Eddie did not do this say, 3 years ago....

I am wondering about the exact same behaviour too (Linux Mint 18.3 x86_64 | Eddie 2.15.2)

And I am also fairly sure Eddie did not show this behaviour previously. This is unusual, maybe a bug?

Thank you.

Eddie has always done that for me on Windows 10 and Peppermint OS.  My workaround was to go under advanced settings --> server list update every: 10 minute; and, not mess with manual refresh.

Got the same issue If connected to a server and click manual refresh with Eddie 2.17.2 on Win 7 64bit. Would like Staff to comment whether this is a bug or not?

Hello,

if the fact (losing the servers score displayed by the stars) occurs when the system is connected to the VPN that's expected and intended for obvious reasons.

Kind regards

Hello,

if the fact (losing the servers score displayed by the stars) occurs when the system is connected to the VPN that's expected and intended for obvious reasons.

Kind regards

I am confused by this. I am sure this wasn't the case before with an earlier version of Eddie. If one uses monstrocity workaround Eddie refreshes the server list correctly showing the latency, but if one manually refreshes the list, you lose the stats thus how would one be able to choose the next best server without needing to disconnect first? This doesn't seem like a good function. The UX needs to be refined. It's still very rough around the edges.

I am confused by this. I am sure this wasn't the case before with an earlier version of Eddie. If one uses monstrocity workaround Eddie refreshes the server list correctly showing the latency, but if one manually refreshes the list, you lose the stats thus how would one be able to choose the next best server without needing to disconnect first? This doesn't seem like a good function. The UX needs to be refined. It's still very rough around the edges.

Hello!

Yes, that's correct and intended. If an older version of Eddie showed latencies after a refresh while the system is connected to some VPN server, that was not an accurate behavior, because Eddie should show round trip times from your node to VPN servers, not from some VPN server to other VPN servers: that's not a useful info (to pick a server) and is anyway visible in the ping matrix of the real time servers monitor.

monstrocity suggestion should not be a workaround: simply, Eddie will not print the round trip times while the system is connected to the VPN and you will see the older ones. If you force an update with the button, then you should see the round trip time and the stars disappear.

Kind regards

Hello!

Yes, that's correct and intended. If an older version of Eddie showed latencies after a refresh while the system is connected to some VPN server, that was not an accurate behavior, because Eddie should show round trip times from your node to VPN servers, not from some VPN server to other VPN servers: that's not a useful info (to pick a server) and is anyway visible in the ping matrix of the real time servers monitor.

monstrocity suggestion should not be a workaround: simply, Eddie will not print the round trip times while the system is connected to the VPN and you will see the older ones. If you force an update with the button, then you should see the round trip time and the stars disappear.

Kind regards

Thanks for the clarification, Staff