Photo

Running Eddie as a service on a Raspberry Pi (osmc)

raspberry osmc eddie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alkalined

alkalined

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

I'm successfully running the eddie client with the following command:
sudo /home/osmc/airvpn/eddie-cli -connect -netlock

However, I want to configure it to run as a service, as soon as the network interface is up. I've created /lib/systemd/system/airvpn.service with the following contents:

[Unit] 
Description = AirVPN Client (Eddie)
After = network.target
[Service] 
Type = simple
User = root
ExecStart = /home/osmc/airvpn/eddie-cli -connect -netlock
Restart = always
[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target

But when I start the service, it doesn't run and I get the following from sudo journalctl -u airvpn

eddie-cli[7255]: [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Lib.Platform.Linux.Native.so
eddie-cli[7255]:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Eddie.Platform.Linux.Native:eddie_signal (int,Eddie.Platform.Linux.Native/eddie_sighandler)
osmc eddie-cli[7255]:   at Eddie.Platform.Linux.Platform.OnInit (System.Boolean cli) [0x0021a] in <fa5edc113cd34687a3a471dec3ba63b7>:0
osmc eddie-cli[7255]:   at Eddie.Core.Engine.Initialization (System.Boolean cli) [0x00000] in <1e873ed653644897a51a4d68deac7371>:0
osmc eddie-cli[7255]:   at Eddie.CLI.Linux.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00030] in <0746b67a12534408be7db4eef2ec9960>:0
osmc eddie-cli[7255]: exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
osmc systemd[1]: airvpn.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
osmc systemd[1]: airvpn.service: Unit entered failed state.
osmc systemd[1]: airvpn.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Any ideas?

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1774 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

Hello!

Perhaps this guide has some clues.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.