Photo

Driver Installation Failed on connect

Windows 10

Best Answer MikeFromIT, 24 February 2018 - 04:20 AM

Fixed it, somehow.

Switched back to OpenVPN client and that was telling me all TAP adapters were in use, eddie was giving same fatal error, uninstalled and reinstalled the TAP adapter software from OpenVPN and now everything is working.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

Every time I try to connect I get an error message saying driver installation failed and I never actually connect. In the logs I see two things that seem to be related. "cannot find tunnel adapter" and "driver installation failed'.

Any tips on what I should try to do to fix this?

Spoiler

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:05 AM

Hello!

First of all, assuming you're using Eddie, then please paste your entire log :).

Otherwise there's other threads you can look through in the meantime.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

I read through some other posts and tried installing the TAP driver from the OpenVPN client and then tried again.

Spoiler

Edit:
I generated a config for OpenVPN and ran that and it connected fine. So that still points to something with the eddie client itself.

#4 LZ1

LZ1

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:01 AM

Good.

But that was why I requested your entire log, instead of just the area you cut out. As then we would be able to see which Eddie client you're using and whether or not it's appropriate to recommend that you update it.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

#5 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:08 AM

Here is a fresh install and attempt to connect.

Spoiler

#6 LZ1

LZ1

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

Thank you, that's more like it.

Can you try go to Control Panel > Network & Sharing center > Network Adapters > Disable and then re-enable TAP. Then re-connect to a location in Eddie? Sometimes this works.

#7 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:57 AM

Figured it out, TAP adapter was missing and every "solution" I had read before had me going somewhere else when attempting to re-enable it. Got it re-enabled and now can at least attempt to connect, but when attempting to connect it just keeps connecting and then disconnecting. For some reason, it seems to be creating multiple different connections when I goto my overview and it makes it so I have reached my limit per account.

#8 LZ1

LZ1

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:02 AM

Well that's progress. But I'm afraid that as before, your explanations are good, but logs are better :). I assume it has resulted in authorisation errors. In which case you may go to your Client Area and make any necessary disconnections to stay under the limit. You may also try logging out of both the website and Eddie client and then in again.

#9 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:04 AM

I tried logging out and logging in and restarting the client just to see if that would work quickly. However, not much as changed.

Spoiler

#10 LZ1

LZ1

• Moderators
  • 1950 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

Try go to Preferences>Protocols>Switch to TCP and reconnect to a location of your choosing please.

You may in the end also choose to try out the experimental client, if things still don't work :).

#11 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:12 AM

Still disconnecting, but this time it's not creating multiple connections under my overview.

Spoiler

#12 MikeFromIT

MikeFromIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:20 AM   Best Answer

Fixed it, somehow.

Switched back to OpenVPN client and that was telling me all TAP adapters were in use, eddie was giving same fatal error, uninstalled and reinstalled the TAP adapter software from OpenVPN and now everything is working.