Not connected, Your IP: 3.22.249.158

ANSWERED DNS Leak on Ubuntu: Tried EVERYTHING

Hello. I have tried to manually fix the dns leak in the eddie gui but no results. Ive tried flushing my dns using the command prompt, no help. And ive tried changing the dns ip in the wifi im connected to in the EDIT CONNECTIONS area and still no luck. Help!

thank you

DNS Leaks are indeed happening on a lot of Linux distros, that I know of so far, Ubuntu and Linux Mint.

I am running Ubuntu 16.04LTS on one machine and Linux KDE Mint 18.1 on another.  Both machines were leaking DNS IP's for whatever was input into my IP's router.  I thought if I simply put some OpenNic dns addresses in there, that that would solve the problem.  It did, but the router keeps crashing unless I let it take the IP's dns servers. 

Nowhere on the net, but on this YOUTUBE channel was there a plain and simple solution.  Search on YOUTUBE:

DNS leak after UBUNTU update | Утечка DNS после обновления UBUNTU

It's kinda hard to see what this guy is doing, so this is the terminal routine:

1.  Get admin privileges:  Sudo su

2.  give your pword

3.  type in apt-get install openresolv nscd unbound

4.  hit Yes when it asks, and OK when it suggests to reboot (which doesn't happen)

5.  engage a VPN server from your NetManager list

6.  go to https://ipleak.net/ and test it out.

It has worked for me on both Ubuntu and Linux KDE Mint.    How come nobody here or anywhere else, particularly from Ubuntu or Mint can come up with this?

DNS Leaks are indeed happening on a lot of Linux distros, that I know of so far, Ubuntu and Linux Mint.

DNS leaks do not exist in GNU/Linux. The argument you're talking about has nothing to do with DNS leaks. It may be relevant or not but please do not confuse it with DNS leaks. Once and for all let's stop this fantastic and totally imaginary idea of DNS leaks on GNU/Linux. Any other topic or message with such a fantasy tale will be deleted.

Kind regards