Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.127.141
Benno1989

Portforwarding - connectable or not? p2p

Hey

I'm having a little bit of trouble. My current p2p program (qBittorrent) isn't turning green on the "connectable" icon. I used to forward port 52135 on AirVPN Client page, qBittorrent AND my router - that used to give me the green reachable icon, but after reading this page

https://airvpn.org/faq/p2p/

I figured that forwarding port 52135 on my router was a bad idea, so i went on to remove the portforwarding on my router. Now i can't get the green reachable icon anymore. I have tried a portchecker homepage and it says my port is closed. If i press the "check" button on AirVPN's portforward site, it just turns grey as well.

Can anyone tell my if there is something wrong or if this is the usual behavior of using VPN connections? It would be nice with some explanation to why as well (my knowledge about VPN connections is at a minimum)

thank you in advance

Best regards

Benno

Yeah, latest version. sorry i forgot to mention that.

make sure you're using the network lock, bind qbittorrent to the virtual VPN adapter (TAP on Windows), and make sure qbittorrent is listening to the correct port.

it was proper for you to remove any forwarded port on the router.

okay, so i pressed the Network Lock button and got the warning about all traffic outside of the tunnel is cut off (this sound a lot more safe - geez, didn't knew it could go around the VPN) and then i found an interface with the TAP-Windows V9 and assigned that interface to be used with qBittorrent. I also checked that qBittorrent is listening to the correct forwarded port on AirVPN Client page, which it is.

My speed increased remarkably, but i still have the yellow icon and the forward page on AirVPN is still grey

thank you so far for helping me!

EDIT:

My speed is very random, i still have issues with yellow icon and grey checks on client page of AirVPN