• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheHellSite

TheHellSite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:11 PM

I don't know what happend but I can't connect to AirVPN on my windows pc anymore.
"Checking Route" and "Checking DNS" always fails after 3rd try.

See the log: https://pastebin.com/cnVt8zCw

Hope you can help me out. Linux is working perfectly fine.

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:17 AM

Hello!

This has been covered many times. You can go to Eddie's settings and uncheck "check if tunnel effectively works" under Advanced and "Check AirVPN DNS" under DNS.

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 TheHellSite

TheHellSite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

I already knew that, but what's the reason the problem? I mean these options are quite useless then.

EDIT: Once I am connected with the settings you mentioned, the internet stops working. But ping in cmd works fine.

#4 TheHellSite

TheHellSite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

The same now happens on my linux system and with your settings the internet isn't working as well.
Which means: I can't use my vpn account at all.

#5 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

You can try disabling IPv6.

Open This Spoiler If: A Website Is Blocked, You Want To Help AirVPN, Find The Beta/Experimental Client Or You're A New User Wanting Help/Information

Spoiler

Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me if you want me to index it in my new user guide, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#6 TheHellSite

TheHellSite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

IPv6 is disabled on all my systems.

#7 TheHellSite

TheHellSite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

I just discovered that connection is successful on both my linux (vm) and windows system when connected to my university network using wifi.

What could be the issue in my home network that is causing the problems? Hope you guys got any ideas for me.

I am using 1 main router and 2 APs. My pc is mostly connected via cable, sometimes with wifi.

#8 virginm

virginm

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Had the same issue, answer 1 from LZ1 to uncheck "Check AirVPN DNS" did the job, thank you! 

#9 syrahrosso

syrahrosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

Did you try to select "TCP on port 443" in Preferences -> Protocols, instead of "automatic" ?