Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.201.71
Sign in to follow this  
ShareVPN

ANSWERED Request: Allow prepaid purchase of VPN SERVICE instead of a gift card in amount. Currency fluctuation is real!

I would like to request that the prepaid gift card area (https://airvpn.org/store/gift-vouchers/) be changed to purchasing of VPN SERVICE instead of some Dollar/Euro certificate. The reason is for people who are buying in non-Euro currencies or Bitcoin, the exchange rate changes enough to matter.

For example, I buy my parents 3 months of VPN service with a prepaid voucher for 1 bitcoin, assuming 1 bitcoin is the exact price of 3 months of AirVPN on that day. Then my parents don't redeem it for 2 more weeks, but in 2 weeks, the price of Bitcoin changed and now its 1.5 bitcoin for 3 months of AirVPN. So now the voucher isn't going to get them the intended service. The same problem happens for other currencies although not as much fluctuation as bitcoin, but still enough to make this happen.

Most people who give a gift voucher want to give VPN service, so I am requesting that part of the site be updated so we can buy prepaid VPN service at current market rates to be given as gifts.

@ShareVPN

It already works in that way. A prepaid gift voucher is in EUR, not in Bitcoin. If you buy it in Bitcoin, USD or any other currency, conversion to EUR is immediate, and the gift voucher can be redeemed exactly for the intended plan (unless our prices change, of course, but that would be a very exceptional circumstance).

Kind regards