Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.8.247

Hello!

Air doesn't have Chinese servers . I doubt it'll do much - if you can get the software and maybe with a few other kinds of software such as Tor-related ones, then I'm sure you can still get around any block.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Air doesn't have Chinese servers . I doubt it'll do much - if you can get the software and maybe with a few other kinds of software such as Tor-related ones, then I'm sure you can still get around any block.

It has 6 Hong Kong servers..

Hello!

Now depending on who you ask, HK is not the same as mainland China . Much the same with Taiwan, as they do things differently in many regards, including when it comes to internet censorship. (Oh and by the way, I wasn't laughing at you, I just suddenly thought of PIA for some reason, when China was mentioned!)

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Now depending on who you ask, HK is not the same as mainland China . Much the same with Taiwan, as they do things differently in many regards, including when it comes to internet censorship. (Oh and by the way, I wasn't laughing at you, I just suddenly thought of PIA for some reason, when China was mentioned!)

no no i didn't think you were. I just thought the article should be brought to the attention of people on here just in case no one knew about it 

no no i didn't think you were. I just thought the article should be brought to the attention of people on here just in case no one knew about it 

Hello!

Yes and thank you for doing so! It's nice to know we can rely on members to bring up such things, in the event we individually don't hear about something .

This new amendment only matters for local businesses which operate and are registered in mainland China.

A similar law was passed around 2010, and it's called website compliance license, which means if you wanted to host a website on port 80/443 and Chinese IPs, you must obtain one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICP_license

This made some websites move to alternatives ports until a solution was found, since they were blocked until the

license was acquired. I am not sure how such Firewall unblocking companies operated until now legally.

Hong Kong based providers are not affected by this.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/vpn-users-in-china-megacity-chongqing-face-fines/3631568.html

I realize the former notice applied to businesses in China running a VPN. This seems to target individual users. Anyone else heard more news on this? As usual it seems as though they're waiting to actually hit people with fines. Of course way out west they'll outright cut your service if you use a VPN or any kind of encrypted app.