Not connected, Your IP: 3.12.36.30
dansky

Eddie client crash on raspbian

Hello there.

So i bought a raspberri pi 3 model b. I intend to install Airvpn´s eddie client there and have it starting when the Raspberry turns on.

I installed the 64_debian package on the berry and also installed mono-runtime package throught the terminal.

The thing is that when i click to start Eddie, i put my raspberry pi password to get administrative privilegies and after that the client starts, pops up during some seconds, the contents of the windows are all disfigured, and then closes by it self.

Anybody as any hint on this problem?

Thank you in advance guys

Hello!

I already referenced the guide in my own new user guide, but anyway, check this guide

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello LZ1.

Yes, i´ve followed that tutorial, and i got it running. I just have a question.

When i start the pi, Eddie wont start, and it only start´s if i put in terminal the following: sudo mono AirVPN.exe

Is there anyway to run this command on startup?

Sorry, i´m new in linux :S

Many, and it depends on when you want it to run. Directly after startup when no one has logged in yet, after logging in, after loading the desktop environment,... what shall it be?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Many, and it depends on when you want it to run. Directly after startup when no one has logged in yet, after logging in, after loading the desktop environment,... what shall it be?

It would be after loading the desktop environment

It would be after loading the desktop environment

Then you might have success with setting up a .desktop file. GNOME and all its forks have got a GUI for this, it can be found in the system settings. I bet you will also find it in RasPi's DE, look out for "startup", "autostart" or so. You give it a name, like "AirVPN Autostart", command is "sudo mono AirVPN.exe", description optional, delay is up to you, I'd leave 0.

Report back in any case.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.