Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.254.122
Yasuda

Can games bypass the VPN if I want?

I’d just like to say that I’m rather new to VPN’s (Having been pushed into it since the UK government keeps stepping on the rights of the public). I have an issue where gaming is involved and if it’s possible to allow selective applications to bypass the VPN and just use my own ISP. I would also love to keep my network lock enabled if possible.  

Yasuda~

Hello!

Sometimes you only need to forward a couple of ports for it to work - which you can search individually for each game. Other times, you just need to find the right server. I find that I actually get a BETTER ping playing through AirVPN, which is hilarious! So just make sure you're using UDP, which you are as a default and try out different servers - they don't have to be close to you, to be the best. It wasn't clear whether or not you were actually experiencing problems. As for other applications, you can use the routes tab to bypass. But it's not always possible, when many IPs are involved. Thus we have guides around here for "split-tunneling", wherein the VPN connection is only used in certain specific instances.

Welcome to AirVPN! Maybe something positive came of those surveillance laws after all

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hey thanks I'm happy to be here honestly it's great to be able to have the internet back. I don't seem to have problems with Overwatch but I do have issues with a few other games such as Warframe & The Division. Warframe doesn't seem to like a few of the servers on the network and The Division does work but I seem to get some very strange lag (Rubber banding) which isn't present when VPN is disabled. I'm very interested in any links or guides you can provide that will help me learn about how to set up the Routes properly.

Yasuda~ 

Great it is indeed.

Since you're in the UK, I recommend you try servers in the Netherlands, if you haven't. They're quite well-connected . Also, if you're using Virgin Media, there's a guide around here regarding fixing connection issues with them. I've also listed it in my own guide. Please do also ensure that any and all security software you may have running, is allowing AirVPN.exe, OpenVPN.exe and tap.exe or is otherwise added to some kind of exclusion list. Also remember that for The Division, you may need to forward ports for Uplay.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I play Elite Dangerous a lot but prefer to do it without AirVPN although it works just as well with. It is just that I prefer to get the maximum of my Virgin media 200MB broadband connection and AirVPN only gives me around 60-70% of that using the speedtest site. Like you I am in the UK and disagree with the new law but it is pointed at downloaders so I just use AirVPN when I am doing that and go commando when gaming.

Hey guys thanks for the information I have started disabling the VPN for gaming but I feel it’s more about the state of windows 10 at the current time than the VPN itself.

That sound very plausible.

Maybe you'll have to invest more in games from gog.com, which can be played offline