Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.2.184
Waaktar

How to buy AirVPN subscription anonymously

Please help someone new to AirVPN.

I am unaware of a way to buy cryptocurrency anonymously anymore (I cannot access people to trade cash for BTC, and there has been a major crackdown in the U.S. on previously existing alternatives), and prepaid debit cards are getting rejected by AirVPN's payment processor Avangate. Other VPN providers allow us to buy subscriptions anonymously using retailer gift cards. Why would AirVPN not support this?

I have spent many hours (and bought several prepaid debit cards) trying to find a way to do this, and am close to reluctantly giving up on AirVPN, but want to ask the community here for help before throwing in the towel: how can we buy an AirVPN subscription anonymously?

Hello,

another way to obtain BTC easily is to sell something (goods, services...) and accept Bitcoin as payment.

To maintain an anonymity layer it is necessary that you always, without any exception, run your Bitcoin client behind Tor (or at least when you use the wallets whose transactions you want to keep "anonymous"). Bitcoin adds good privacy to transactions but it's not anonymous by itself (the blockchain will remain "forever" and can be used to correlate transactions to IP addresses and between persons).

We also accept very many different cryptocurrencies, if that can help you.

Kind regards

@AirVPN Staff    other VPN providers allow us to buy subscriptions anonymously using retailer gift cards. Why would AirVPN not support this?

@AirVPN Staff    other VPN providers allow us to buy subscriptions anonymously using retailer gift cards. Why would AirVPN not support this?

+2 @AirVPN Staff. Bitcoins are a pain to set up if you don't use them, prepaid credit cards are subject to payment processor fraud strategies and name/address verification. Gift cards provide a simple, anonymous and easy way to pay for your service.

Adding this payment option will only help you grow the business.

Seems like some countries have inferior prepaid credit card solutions since I have heard of these issues before - but where I live they work like a charm. I have used them with every VPN provider and just recently (a couple of months ago) twice with Air as well. My card provider also supplies the generic name and address to fill out in those fields (basically the card name and company address) on their website making it completely anonymous, you're not even supposed to use your real info there. This doesn't help people from countries with crap prepaid credit card solutions of course, just wanted to give them some love since they work perfectly here.

I'm only aware of one VPN that does this, Private Internet Access. Which I have serious doubts about how private they are. Anyway, thats not the point. If I remember correctly, it costs more to use a retail gift card then purchasing with a credit card, PayPal, etc.

I'm only aware of one VPN that does this, Private Internet Access. Which I have serious doubts about how private they are. Anyway, thats not the point. If I remember correctly, it costs more to use a retail gift card then purchasing with a credit card, PayPal, etc.

I think you're missing the point. It's a price people are wliling to pay because it's the easiest way to use cash and offers anonymity. Regardless, if you're a AirVPN subscriber, you're already paying a premium.

Hello,

another way to obtain BTC easily is to sell something (goods, services...) and accept Bitcoin as payment.

To maintain an anonymity layer it is necessary that you always, without any exception, run your Bitcoin client behind Tor (or at least when you use the wallets whose transactions you want to keep "anonymous"). Bitcoin adds good privacy to transactions but it's not anonymous by itself (the blockchain will remain "forever" and can be used to correlate transactions to IP addresses and between persons).

We also accept very many different cryptocurrencies, if that can help you.

Kind regards

when you say behind TOR to protect anonymity I am a bit confused. Hasn't TOR or parts of it been snatched by US law enforcement agencies? And it isn't it down now? Or in other words... is it still recommend to use?

when you say behind TOR to protect anonymity I am a bit confused. Hasn't TOR or parts of it been snatched by US law enforcement agencies? And it isn't it down now? Or in other words... is it still recommend to use?

You are probably mixing between Tor and Silk Road. Tor itself is safe to use and was never shut down, as long as the community supports it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

i would stay away from any american node's, i would deff only use it from a vbox, and a dubble hop..

Dunno how it works outside the USA but - 

You could try getting something like a vanilla visa gift card (not pre-paid debit)

I was able to successfully purchase VPS hosting using one, which I bought with cash, and then I just used an address/phone for a Walmart in another part of the country, and a burner email account.

This also worked sending a random paypal donation, which surprised me, because with the VPS purchase I had used an exlusive "gift card" type paypal form,  but for this random donation I tried running it as debit/credit  and it went through as well.