Not connected, Your IP: 54.234.124.70
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Problems on authentication servers

Hello,

due to different causes we are experiencing issues on our authentications servers. We have been and are working on the problem in order to resolve it as soon as possible.

NOTE: the problem will make VPN connections difficult or slower to be established for those using our client Eddie, but it does NOT affect VPN connections stability or performance once they are established. Additionally, VPN server might be unable to forward your reserved ports.

Kind regards

UPDATE: we are aware that it's currently not possible to download any version of our client software, we're working on this as well. The main problem has been partially mitigated but we still need to work hard on some part of the infrastructure. We'll keep you updated.

Kind regards

UPDATE: it is now possible to download the client software. Any other previously inaccessible page of the web site is now reachable.

Kind regards

UPDATE: we believe we have solved all the problems. We'll be closely monitoring the infrastructure to make sure it's stable again and be ready to intervene in case of unexpected problems.

Kind regards

Great job guys. It's nice to see that you quickly react to problems like these which can always occur. Your performance in resolving the issues will definitely and positively influence my decision whether I should stay with airvpn or not (I'm a new user).

Back to topic: Apparently the problems are really resolved. I can access all the areas of your website and establishing a connection with the linux client works too.

Hello,

For the last two days I'm getting the following error message:

tV78jeG.png

I can connect fine to the servers I white-listed previously, but can't connect to any other server.

I'm using the AirVPN software 2.8.8 and Windows 7. I don't think I ever changed any parameter other than white-listing some server.

Please advice on how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Hello,

For the last two days I'm getting the following error message:

tV78jeG.png

I can connect fine to the servers I white-listed previously, but can't connect to any other server.

I'm using the AirVPN software 2.8.8 and Windows 7. I don't think I ever changed any parameter other than white-listing some server.

Please advice on how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Hello!

Can you please tell us whether you get that error even while the client is NOT connected to a VPN server?

As a side note (not related to the problem), we would recommend that you upgrade your client software.

Kind regards

Can you please tell us whether you get that error even while the client is NOT connected to a VPN server?

I got the error message even while disconnected with v2.8.8.

As a side note (not related to the problem), we would recommend that you upgrade your client software.

Actually, after updating to 2.9 I don't get any error messages and now it seems that everything works as it should. I can see all (I assume at least) server, and a speedtest gives me around 80% of my max speed; which is in line with previous tests.

And lastly I should probably mention that I indeed changed some parameters, namely I added "sndbuf 524288" and "rcvbuf 524288" to the OVPN directives. But that was a few weeks before I got the error messages.