Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.218.147
volkerpispers

Java loading tons of data with activated networ lock

Alright im pretty scared right now.

Air vpn network lock is active and it says im downloading 10-3 kb/s

Now kaspersky says that '' Java Platform SE Binary is downloading constatnly with 4.55 mb/s

FUNFACT: I have a maximum of 3 mb/s with the contract with my ISP

This makes it even more shadier to me :S

Anyone knows what i can do to find out whats up

This stopped around 3 Minutes after i noticed it

Edit: wtf, apparently the said program received 65 GB of data in the last 24 hours.

Im getting panic now

Edit says, when looking at all data received today it does not show jdownloader anywhere... so i guess thats jdownloader?

Now im laughing at myself.

However this doesnt explain why the stuff getting loaded by Jdownloader does not go trough the VPN tunnel and it doesnt explain how im getting a speed of 4.5 MB/S. In JD it said 2.9-3 mb/s which is exactly what my ISP guarants me at most.

Now nothing goes trough the VPN tunnel anylonger. Browsing or usage of JD, steam. Airvpn says 0b/s activity but im surfing and downloading.

Smth on here is fucked up completly

If you don't need it for anything uninstall the Java Platform. There's really no need for it unless you have some app that specifically needs it. "which relatively speaking there aren't many of"

Originally I was thinking it might be updating or something but 65GB is a bit more than a update lol...

At a bare minimum you may wanna fire up msconfig and disable what you don't need in the startup section. Java is prolly in there as well.

Edit:

Just saw your 'edit'

Are you sure your connecting?

Might want to visit http://ipleak.net/ and make sure your actually connecting and don't have leaks ect.

Use Process Explorer and see if it's real. Launch it as admin. Right-click on Java, then Properties. In the command line field you can see which application the Java VM is executing right now.

A more professional approach can be made with Process Monitor. With it you can see what exactly is being read and/or written by the Java VM and where it happens in the file system. It works with filters and monitors everything.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Alright, i realized howm fucking stupid i was omfg.

The network lock never fkin worked for me!

I just got his real function right now.

Till now i was able to do anything with air vpn running and networlock activated but no Active connection to one of AIRVPNs servers,

So i went ahead and took the first source that i always choose when i have problems lol.

I went to kaspersky and unchecked the firewall option.

Now the AirVPN network lock finally works, all traffic is going trough the VPN tunnel now.

But is this a long term solution or should i let kaspersky taking over firewall controle again and find another way?

@Rick: Yes there it always worked.

Going back now i feel like all browser traffic went trough the VPN Tunnel, however all Traffic comming from JD;steam,Skype etc did not.

@Giga, i will look into the suggested programms

Edit: @ Rick: Well apparently JD needs it so if i remove it JD wouldnt work anymore?

should i let kaspersky taking over firewall controle again

Yes, definitely, just whitelist the AirVPN client, exclude it from being scanned by Kaspersky.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hm ok, i had a look at it and the settings were ''ask for action''. However i was never asked for anything duh.

I set the to positive now. Im still left behind with a bad feeling:S

Hello,

Eddie's Network Lock plug-in in Windows uses Windows Firewall, so while Network Lock is enabled you had better to disable completely any other firewall. Running two firewalls simultaneously will unavoidably cause unpredictable behavior.

Kind regards

Well would i be insecure if i deactivate Kaspersk's controle of the Windows Firewall and let do the original firewall/airvpn the job?

That's what I would do. The windows firewall isn't overly horrible or anything. Its just not easily configurable on a per app basis. So many run other solutions.

The only other option is to configure Kaspersky to do what the network lock does in a single click. Which is possible but time consuming and the end result will be nearly the same.

@Java

Yes that will kill the jdownloader if it needs java. Have you tried downthemall?