80 replies to this topic

#41 psychlops

psychlops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:56 AM

If CloudFlare asks for two hard-to-read words then this is a problem, indeed.

Sorry, but it will. Sometimes a few numbers, sometimes a code you have to break.

I haven't gotten any in a while using the NL servers, but yesterday I used a DE server and got them

#42 Annonnymous

Annonnymous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Today I witnessed this "problem", too. I don't know about you, but I needed to enter a three digit number only. One second, even less. As long as it keeps asking for three digit numbers, well, I don't see the problem.
If CloudFlare asks for two hard-to-read words then this is a problem, indeed.

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

It is unfortunately not only the captcha on some service providers premiumize.me for example some services break completely down when you are connected over air. I have been chatting with their support for over a week and they assured me more than once that there security settings for the page are on their end set to the lowest. But whenever I have to enter a captcha before accessing the page pretty much every interaction button is unusable. That makes the problem a little bigger than just typing in the numbers I'd say :-)

#43 gurejoks

gurejoks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

Just FYI for other users that might run the same problem:

I've had a problem when cloudflare asked for a CAPTCHA, but it turned out to be invisible (in other words, it asked me to "type in the text above", but there was nothing above), in OS X on Safari. Thus, I couldn't proceed at all.

Turns out my cookie setting was too strict: "Allow from current website only" will block the cloudflare (google) CAPTCHA, one has to set it to "Allow from websites I visit" or "Always allow", then it works.

#44 refresh

refresh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

I noticed them appearing back again on a few netherland servers again, I think the above post might be important I too have cookies switched off and strong tweeked browser with security+privacy addons would not be surprised if it was the cookies.

Don't think I have a whitelist or blacklist option for cookies though....

#45 blq

blq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:35 PM

Really annoying. Connected through the Dutch servers and problems for the last week...

And I accept many cookies, so I doubt it is a problem of setting cookies...

#46 M0UL

M0UL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

they where gone for a few weeks, and there back again on the dutch servers.

#47 mietitrebbia

mietitrebbia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

I see captchas on Cloudflare from a Leaseweb NL VPS just used by me as private VPN, and with an IP with same first two octects and similar third octet of some AirVPN NL servers. So it might be that Cloudflare just banned all of Leaseweb NL range...

#48 j7j3

j7j3

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

Cloudflare are literally cancer, sorry for the strong language but they can suck a fuck and go to hell. I have to load up Tor and spam a new identity just to be able to read Reddit, Blabbermouth and an increasing number of sites? Fuck you Cloudflare and the horse you rode in on and take those fucking captchas with you. Rant over now....

#49 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

Cloudflare are literally cancer, sorry for the strong language but they can suck a fuck and go to hell. I have to load up Tor and spam a new identity just to be able to read Reddit, Blabbermouth and an increasing number of sites? Fuck you Cloudflare and the horse you rode in on and take those fucking captchas with you. Rant over now....

These are the AirVPN forums which CloudFlare associates likely don't read. Please edit your post and delete the strong language, it doesn't help at all.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#50 183aTr78f9o

183aTr78f9o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

Hello,

I mainly connect to Dutch and German servers, and I am getting Cloudfare captchas everyday. The problem has already occured when connected to different European and US servers though. 

As stated by other members, it happens randomly on about half of the websites I visit. Most of the time, I have to enter three digital numbers, but sometimes I am asked to enter two distinct words.

I have been connected to the new Latvian server for a couple hours now, and I did not get any captcha. However, as the problem happens randomly, I might get one soon enough...

Has anyone found a solution? this is pretty annoying, that's for sure. 

#51 dIecbasC

dIecbasC

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

Cloudflare are literally cancer, sorry for the strong language but they can suck a <BLEEP> and go to hell. I have to load up Tor and spam a new identity just to be able to read Reddit, Blabbermouth and an increasing number of sites? <BLEEP> you Cloudflare and the horse you rode in on and take those <BLEEP> captchas with you. Rant over now....

These are the AirVPN forums which CloudFlare associates likely don't read. Please edit your post and delete the strong language, it doesn't help at all.

Made me smile you quoted his rant :)

But yes, Cloudflare captchas are slightly annoying. 

#52 mage1982

mage1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

&nbsp;

Has anyone found a solution? this is pretty annoying, that's for sure.

Keep trying different servers until you hit one that isn't flagged. That's about all you can do I think. Usually takes a few tries.

Or enable cookies so Cloudflare can set their "cfduid" cookie. I think you should only need to solve a captcha once if you do. Of course, that means Cloudflare will be able to track you between sites...

#53 internet_user

internet_user

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

is this cloudflare captchas just *temporary on some NL server or can be fixed change in future?

since several NL server shows capcha when browse site using cf, i need to change more frequent. i put blacklist server - my solution, so only pick lists capcha free server

#54 mage1982

mage1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

is this cloudflare captchas just *temporary on some NL server or can be fixed change in future?

I think hosts that are on the "greylist" get taken off it after a while, so it's sort of temporary. At least that's what it seems like.

And there's nothing you or I or Air can do to fix it. The ones who could would be Cloudflare, but I don't see any reason for them to do so.

#55 183aTr78f9o

183aTr78f9o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

I have been getting these Cloudfare captchas more and more often lately.

Here are what they look like most of the time now (no more 3 digital numbers): https://img.bi/#/971tugQ!oZcKtN9nohcHk2BQX6JyZPbsHMSj84QGHfDTc08g

This is ruining my daily browsing, sometimes I give up after a couple of tries because I am just not able to write the words without making any mistake.

I know AirVPN is not responsible for this but I used another VPN for one year (until late november) prior to AirVPN and I never had these captchas. 

#56 myairact

myairact

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hi.

I do not think this is AirVpn's responsibility but just wanted to give feedback.  Received my first Cloudflare captcha page indicating I should enter the captcha and scan *my network* for misconfiguration or infection.  This was while trying to access economics website nakedcapitalism.com.  I'm on Andromedae.  I checked the public ip, and it is not listed at projecthoneypot. 

Cloudflare is commendable in their stance regarding security for their servers and customers, and Airvpn is even more commendable for their dedication to net neutrality and security for their customers.  Hopefully, the two are not exclusive.

#57 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

I know AirVPN is not responsible for this but

I used another VPN

for one year (until late november)

prior to AirVPN and I never had these captchas.

Prior to you using AirVPN we too didn't have problems with CAPTCHAs. They started in August/September 2014, I reckon.

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#58 Annonnymous

Annonnymous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Same problem different German Servers. I know it is hardly possible to fix it entirely but wouldn't it be possible to just provide them with a list of ip adresses they can white list? I mean every IP Adress used by Leaseweb is already available so there is really no point in hiding them.

I didn't get any answer to my suggestion. Is it generally that stupid that no one except me knows it or did nobody sees it. Because the way Cloudflares defenses work is by greylisting ips right? It would be therefore an easy soloution to provide the IP-Adresses for all AirVPN Servers. They could whitelist them and we would not have to fill out captchas any longer. By the way I am aware that VPN's are supposed to disguise YOUR IP but the IP's of Leaseweb services around the world can be googled so there wouldn't really be any harm in providing them or am I completely wrong? :)

#59 mage1982

mage1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

What I think is going on is that Cloudflare sees a lot of traffic coming from a single IP, and therefore that IP is automatically put on a watchlist. The language used on the captcha page indicates it's more geared towards a home user that might unwittingly be part of a DDoS attack.

I don't think they have big lists of "bad" IPs (but I could be wrong).

#60 LazyLizard14

LazyLizard14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

I am using AirVPN for just a month but I have to say that cloudflare is a major pain in the a**. Not enough that many websites bother with captchas it also causes further problems with other programs. Check the JDownloader forums and see how many hoster plugins are broken.

Unfortunately the "best" servers for me (NL & DE) are almost completely affected. Since I am using AirVPN on my pfSense box it is not that easy to quickly switch between servers.

While this is not a problem caused by AirVPN it is a big annoyance tho. And I do not think there is much that the AirVPN staff can do to permanently prevent this.