Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.200.86
traveller

VPN blocked in Thai guesthouse

I am staying at a guesthouse in Thailand, where it seems that vpn's are being blocked. Previously, everywhere else I stayed, no problem, but when I run airvpn here no internet service. Zero.

I am using a Mac, with Viscosity. Any advice on how to unblock? Is there a simple tweek I could use?

I am having a similar problem, also in Thailand using the internet connection provided by my condo.  Occasionally I am able to connect,  but if I am able to manage it it often takes an extremely long time to connect to any of the servers (more than a minute).    Then after I do connect  Everything works for about 10 minutes before all web sites stop working in my browser. 

With that said,  I do still have a connection for torrents which is strange.     If I close the torrent program (I thought maybe it was just a bandwith issue)  I still can't load web sites.   The only way to get them back is to disconnect from the VPN.  When not connected to a VPN the web sites work fine.    If I reconnect  Again, assuming I'm able to reconnect at all (I've been trying about 15 minutes now),   I can only see web sites for about 5-10 minutes before the connection goes dead. 

The condo is using True Internet as the ISP.  I am using a PC.

Try connecting to Pollux.   I've been connected for about 20 minutes now with no loss of web sites...    This is a new record for tonight. 

Hello,

if a direct OpenVPN connection is possible, then OpenVPN is probably not disrupted and it's a problem of line stability. When you are in more restrictive networks, try also OpenVPN over SSL: with our client Eddie click the "AirVPN" button, select "Preferences", click "Protocols" tab, select "SSL Tunnel - Port 443", click "Save" and finally connect to a VPN server. In this way the OpenVPN tunnel will be itself tunneled in an SSL tunnel, causing encryption of OpenVPN packets headers and making therefore impossible to identify its "fingerprint'".

Kind regards