Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.220.114
Sign in to follow this  
Slowh4nd

AirVPN doesn´t work on 3G router

Hi everyone,

I changed my internet provider and chose a 3g router (Huawei). Since then I can´t use AirVPN.

As soon as I connect Airvpn the Internet is not working.  I researched a bit and the issue could be that some 3g providers give you a static private ip which doesn´t really work with vpn.

Is there a solution to that? 

Would appreciate any help a lot!

This is true, unfortunately it is more common than you think because most carriers's wireless networks setup the data so that each tower is very much like a big web of access points.

Customers internet access is provided through a gateway in a datacenter, often each state has its own datacenter.

The only carrier i know of that setup each customer directly to the internet with an internet IP (that you could even ping from another internet connection wow) was vodafone.

Hello!

Well, yes, actually our service is aimed to those who have Internet access... even a limited one, even behind a NAT, but anyway some Internet access. If your 3G provider does not provide Internet access, as Visentinel suspects, the matter gets complex. Maybe not impossible... first of all, what are the symptoms of the failed connection? Can you please post the logs of an attempted connection to a VPN server, just to begin to get an idea? Do you have any technical detail about what kind of connection you have (for example, are you behind a proxy?)? We are very curious about this case. In most EU countries 3G providers provide (more or less) thorough Internet access which always makes an OpenVPN connection possibile.

Kind regards