Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.134.17
Sign in to follow this  
bobomatic

Slow US connections

I've been a customer for some time now without any speed issues. I've been able to surf at speeds that were really good but lately, connections to US servers has not been very good and almost to the point of being unusable. I normally connect to Sirius or Andromedae but both are very slow. The other US servers are not much better. In fact, the Eurpoean servers have been faster. I'm currently using Aquilae. I use the OpenVPN GUI and not the AirVpn client. Have there been any recent changes to US servers that would impact speed?

I can only add to this comment. It's been extremely slow from US and "America" servers. Especially in the last week or so.

Connecting to US from EU is actually ok for me, but only when using east-cost servers. I get about 20-30% of my home connection [100Mbit/s], so I'm fairly happy with this. 

The new routing feature is working, but sometimes gives me errors on netflix, so I rather go straight to an US server... The ping is sadly too high to play anything  

Looks like Airvpn is getting too greedy and it's overprovisioning the service?

I confirm everything you said - not one server from the list shows ping values less than 1 second!

4-5 days ago I was seeing 40-50msec latency to Pavonis...Now it's 1.5 seconds !

Looks like Airvpn is getting too greedy and it's overprovisioning the service?

I confirm everything you said - not one server from the list shows ping values less than 1 second!

4-5 days ago I was seeing 40-50msec latency to Pavonis...Now it's 1.5 seconds !

Hello!

Absolutely not, there's no overselling as usual. You can easily check that on the servers monitor. As we already explained to you in your ticket, it's a problem on your end, it's not possible that suddenly 2 days ago 5 different datacenters with different tier1 providers have all started simultaneously to have the same identical problem. Additionally we do not record any issue neither with the old nor with the new USA servers.

Kind regards

I used to have less than 80 ping from the swedish servers and a little higher on the dutch servers.

About 2 weeks ago or something, pings on ALL servers suddenly skyrocketed.

Now i dont get less than 300 ping from ANY server  Getting almost 8 seconds ping from Cephei

I dont play a lot these days so its not really a problem as both up and down-speeds seems unaffected tho.

Not too computer-savy so dont know how this works

I've been very happy in the last 4 months with AirVPN. No down time and everthing has been smooth. Don't use US Servers a great deal so I don't know much about the speeds.