Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.61.16

Hi, I've been told I don't need to modify any router settings in order to port forward while using a VPN. This would be a dream come true for me as my landlord does not want to grant me router acces.

Unfortunately I've been having some issues setting it up. All I did so far was enter an available port at airvpn.org/ports, leaving the 'local port' section open. When I did that I got a 'connection timed out' error. Reading this you've probably figured out I'm not very experienced with this stuff, so please bear with me

Thank you in advance,

13rice

Hello!

Can you please make sure that the service that must be reachable from the Internet is running and listening to the correct port when the test is performed?

Kind regards

Hello!

Can you please make sure that the service that must be reachable from the Internet is running and listening to the correct port when the test is performed?

Kind regards

Yes, my software is directed towards the correct port. I also checked with canyouseeme.org, no success

hSE1bnX.jpg

Jac5vOh.jpg

Hello,

can you please check your firewall and run the PortListener for a second test?

https://airvpn.org/topic/9315-port-forwarding-tester

While the PortListener is running and listening to one of your forwarded ports on IP 10.*.*.*, please start the check from your web panel and look whether incoming packets reach it or not.

Kind regards

I turned Windows firewall off, set PortListener to the internal IP and let it listen while doing the TCP test. No packets came through

@13rice

Getting advantage of the fact that you are now connected to some Air server, we have checked that packets are correctly forwarded to your VPN IP, to both ports you have currently forwarded remotely, can you confirm?

Kind regards

@13rice

Getting advantage of the fact that you are now connected to some Air server, we have checked that packets are correctly forwarded to your VPN IP, to both ports you have currently forwarded remotely, can you confirm?

Kind regards

Nope, still getting the same error: Not reachable on server IP over the external port 8501, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out

Also, when I try to send a package with PFT I get the following error message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it: 10.4.49.66:8501

Thanks for your help so far,

13rice

Hello!

As you can see:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it: 10.4.49.66:8501

it seems that it's your node to reject the packets that are correctly forwarded by our server, as we previously verified as well. Can you please check again any possible packet filtering tool in your system?

Kind regards

Hello!

As you can see:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it: 10.4.49.66:8501

it seems that it's your node to reject the packets that are correctly forwarded by our server, as we previously verified as well. Can you please check again any possible packet filtering tool in your system?

Kind regards

I'll have to ask my landlord as I don't have access to the system. Could this be software related maybe? Probably not as I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and haven't installed anything network related at all. I do have a Cisco VPN client installed to access my uni's network but I doubt that has anything to do with this?

When I get home I will try portforwarding on another network.

Sincerely,

13rice

Hello!

Both your landlord router and the Cisco VPN (if disabled!) will not interfere with remote port forwarding. Feel free to keep us informed.

Kind regards

Hello!

Both your landlord router and the Cisco VPN (if disabled!) will not interfere with remote port forwarding. Feel free to keep us informed.

Kind regards

So you believe it's something at my end that's causing the problem? All I got is an ethernet cable coming out of a wall which is connected to my personal wireless router. I already tried bypassing the latter by directly plugging in the ethernet cable but had no success unfortunately. My guess is my landlord has a built in package filter installed somewhere because I'm pretty sure I've tried every possible alternative.

That doesn't mean I'm not still open for suggestions of course.

Hello!

We tend to believe it's some software running on your computer. Your landlord packet filtering tool can't be the "culprit", either it filters everything or nothing, because it sees all encrypted traffic from and to the same IP address and the same port, once the VPN connection is established.

Kind regards

Hello!

We tend to believe it's some software running on your computer. Your landlord packet filtering tool can't be the "culprit", either it filters everything or nothing, because it sees all encrypted traffic from and to the same IP address and the same port, once the VPN connection is established.

Kind regards

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and haven't installed anything network-related that I know of. I already tried turning off my Windows firewall and I doubt my MSE is causing any troubles as I disabled most of its functions.

I put together a list of all processes running on my computer. One of them must be the culprit, right?

pfcVynl.jpg

Maybe the problem is driver related?

PS: I did the TCP test on 2 more completly unrelated networks. No success. I'm fairly positive that, as you guys pointed out before, the problem is due to some kind of filter that I (unknowingly) installed on my computer...