Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.30.44
Sign in to follow this  
manchester

TAP-Windows Adapter V9 showing Internet access.

Hi everyone. I recently installed airvpn on a new computer of mine, which is running windows8. Upon connecting to it, I noticed under my Network and Sharing settings, it lists the following under the Tap Adapter

Access: Internet

Connections: Local Area Connection.

Previously, whenever I used airvpn, or any other VPN, the Tap-Windows Adapter read "No Internet Access". Is it a security breach to have the TAP Adapter showing internet access? Is there cause for concern that my traffic is not properly encrypted?

Thank you very much for anyone who can give me some answers.

I have same think in Windows 7.  Even though I am connected and can surf, etc...  Windows thinks I have no internet connection.  Because of this, MS Office is not working correctly.  Won't even try to access the internet (piece of junk), just responds back that there is no access.  Can anyone help with this?  Thank you in advance.

I have same think in Windows 7.  Even though I am connected and can surf, etc...  Windows thinks I have no internet connection.  Because of this, MS Office is not working correctly.  Won't even try to access the internet (piece of junk), just responds back that there is no access.  Can anyone help with this?  Thank you in advance.

Hello,

please see here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/10266-i-didnt-realize-windows-calls-home

In this case everything looks horribly "wrong by design", unfortunately. By the way, the suggested patch in the article linked in the post should solve your issue.

Kind regards