Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.79.70
Sign in to follow this  
andromeda

ANSWERED Is there a program that does the same as OpenVPN-GUI?

When I installed the free version of OpenVPN client on Microsoft Windows OS, OpenVPN-GUI was installed as an option.

I use OpenVPN-GUI to launch my VPN connection under Microsoft Windows. There is a small icon with full green lights at the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar when connection to a VPN server has been fully established. The small icon will become yellow if there is a break in the VPN connection.

Is there a program that does the same on a NIX-compatible OS?

Hello!

Yes, please see here:

https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/RelatedProjects#ClientGUI

A graphical client for Linux+Mono (only for AirVPN) is also under development by us.

Two notes about network-manager with OpenVPN plugin: it does not support explicit-exit-notify and it does not support embedded files. Therefore, if you use network-manager-openvpn, remember to generate separate certificates, key and configuration files with the appropriate option in our Configuration Generator (more details can be found on the instructions for Linux). Additionally, when a client connects over UDP with network-manager piloted OpenVPN, after a disconnection our servers will not be notified, therefore the account will be considered disconnected not immediately, but only after 60 seconds.

Simple OpenVPN GUI For Linux (sogfl, untested by us) is very similar to OpenVPN GUI:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sogfl/

Kind regards

Simple OpenVPN GUI For Linux (sogfl, untested by us) is very similar to OpenVPN GUI:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sogfl/

Kind regards

"Simple OpenVPN GUI For Linux" seems to be very similar to OpenVPN GUI in that there is a little icon that changes color according to the status of the VPN connection.

However, there are some complaints about it being very buggy on AskUbuntu.com. Some of its users wrote feedback to the developer who did not bother to reply.

I've tried gopenvpn, and wrote an article here about using it. I found it to be usable but unstable. Its only saving grace is that it will allow multiple vpn connections at the same time, so if you don't need that, I wouldn't recommend it.

jz

I've tried gopenvpn, and wrote an article here about using it. I found it to be usable but unstable.

What do you mean by "unstable" please? Could you care to explain it?