Not connected, Your IP: 52.15.63.145
Sign in to follow this  
moda3328

ANSWERED Netsetman To Prevent Leaks

Hey Guys

Still having issues with DNS leaks :S 

Tried the comodo guide but it just gives me issues and I dont want to connect to airvpn all the time. 

I have read that to have best of both worlds alot of people use netsetman to prevent dns leaks while using their vpn service.

Does anyone using Airvpn use netsetman? if so any help in regards to setting it up would be appreciated

Thanks

Hello,

we're sorry, we don't know the software you cite, maybe some user does.

If you just need to prevent DNS leaks on a Windows machine and you don't want to set firewall rules, you might evaluate to set 10.4.0.1 and 10.5.0.1 as primary and secondary DNS of your physical network card (probably the quickest solution).

Kind regards

Hey Guys

Still having issues with DNS leaks :S 

Tried the comodo guide but it just gives me issues and I dont want to connect to airvpn all the time. 

Depending on what you call a "leak", you may want to run your DNS resolver (i.e. BIND) as I do (on Windows). See:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9289-dns-leaks-and-how-to-fix-them/?do=findComment&comment=9978

The DNS queries will go out whatever is the default gateway at the time. If you want to switch to using the AirVPN DNS server when the VPN is connected, an easy way is to flip the BIND configuration between being a DNS resolver and a DNS forwarder, as described in the update at the end. I have a .bat file that will do this for me.