Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.182.179

I have been using Air VPN accessing servers using the Windows (7) client for the last two weeks.   Or trying to.    I have used several other well known vpns,  and all do drop out at some stage,  but Air VPN has been dropping out very frequently.  Today, it is almost unuseable.   I couldnt even connect to this forum using it,  and had to close the program as it made browsing impossible.

Is it always this bad?    Is there anything I can check?    This is beyond a joke.   Even connecting to a server only 150miles away,  lasted 5 minutes.     Also, the connection speed was very very low.    Page loading was  reminiscent of 56k modems.  

sparky

Hello,

far from defending our competitors, but everything you report points to severe problems on your end. Connections stability with OpenVPN and best datacenters is nowadays "an industry standard". It's mathematically impossible that you experience instability with every and each of Air and Air's competitors servers if it was not a problem on your end (or on your ISP, hopefully not). Just look at the servers monitor top connection times from clients to have an idea about OpenVPN and our servers stability. We have clients continually connected since weeks!

Think about it: how could it be possible that 38 servers in more than a dozen completely separated and different datacenters connected to tier1 providers are ALL so unstable?

Please do not hesitate to open a ticket, we will do our best to try to detect the problem.

Kind regards

I am just now reading this thread.  OP the problem has to be on your end.  I have been here half a year and I use dozens of AIR servers.  In that time I don't remember EVER being dropped.  I spend alot of time online.  Speeds are very nice too.

I've only been using this service since 14-Sept but I haven't experienced  problems using OpenVPN 2048 bit. It took me 24 hours to get optimal performance. All TCP ports and UDP ports 443 and 80 weren't so hot but the flexibility of the Config Generator allowed me to discover my ISP was hijacking UDP port 53 and I eventually discovered a few ports which have been stable. I'm using Win 7 and OS X 10.6.x without problems for about 10 hrs / day.