Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.175.182
Sign in to follow this  
Palooza

ANSWERED If I disconnect AirVPN then 'enter' again later does tor stay over the vpn?

If I open the VPN, then open Tor/Vidalia, I assume I am connecting over the VPN to the tor entry node. That is what I want, to keep my ISP from knowing I'm hitting tor entry nodes.

If I then disconnect the VPN client on computer #1 (say to log into AirVPN on computer #2 for a while), but leave Tor/Vidalia open on computer #1, when I enter / log back in / reconnect in AirVPN on computer #1, is Tor/Vidalia still going over the VPN at that point? (Or must I restart Tor/Vidalia after AirVPN is connected to be certain it is going over the VPN)?

If I open the VPN, then open Tor/Vidalia, I assume I am connecting over the VPN to the tor entry node. That is what I want, to keep my ISP from knowing I'm hitting tor entry nodes.

Hello!

Correct.

If I then disconnect the VPN client on computer #1 (say to log into AirVPN on computer #2 for a while), but leave Tor/Vidalia open on computer #1, when I enter / log back in / reconnect in AirVPN on computer #1, is Tor/Vidalia still going over the VPN at that point? (Or must I restart Tor/Vidalia after AirVPN is connected to be certain it is going over the VPN)?

No. It's necessary to establish a new circuit, so you had better restart the proxy, in consideration of your purpose. In particular, since you want to prevent your ISP to see that you use TOR, always "switch off" Vidalia (or any other TOR proxy) before disconnecting from the VPN, and turn it on only after the VPN connection is established.

Kind regards