Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.58.141
Sign in to follow this  
Undeadpirate

Quick couple questions before I subscribe

Hello!

I've read/heard a lot about Internet security and VPN's lately,and I'm quite interested to trying it out.

I have a few questions before I were to subscribe:

If I get a VPN, will it affect other Computers' internet performance in the household? I.e. if I use a VPN on my Computer, will the Computer in the next room with the same Internet be affected by this?

Just tested on speedtest.net to see that my ping is 23ms, my DL speed is 27.3 Mbps and my UL speed is 4.42 Mpbs. What results can I expect to see if I do same test but using a VPN?

And finally, if I subscribe to AirVPN, how consistent can I expect the service to be? How much downtime will there be? Will my download speeds on torrents be inconsistent?

Thanks for your time.

Hello!

1) No.

2) It's impossible to answer definitely: there are just too many unknown factors. Feel free to ask for a trial and test.

3) Very very consistent. The general availability of the service was 99.8% in 2012. On top of that most of the 0.2% downtime (a total of ~16 hours out of ~8760) was related to the web site accessibility, not to the VPN servers.

2013 is currently going slightly worse (99.6%) but that's due to some massive system changes we performed and some initial problems related to the new clustered database, so it can be reasonably expected that the uptime in the second semester will be as high as in 2012.

Kind regards

Thanks for your quick reply.
I just purchased a month of your service, and by the looks of things, I'm very satisfied!

Just did a speedtest, got 23 Mbps DL and 4 Mbps UL, so the difference is minor. My in-game ping went from ~47-50 to 63, which is negligible, too.