Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.174.174
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Incognito

Using AirVPN for my prank calling show

Hello there.

I was curious if I could use this VPN for my prank calling show that I'm trying to establish within the next few weeks. This wasn't going to be just a here & there type of thing, this was going to be a continuous event and I was wondering whats your (the owners) opinion on this? The reason I ask because this is bound to generate reports every here & there, but I wouldn't be doing anything extreme such as swatting, having businesses closed down or anything like that....

Some other VPN's that I thought would be good choices told me that they'd rather I look else where...the only reason I ask is so that I don't end up getting my account closed, or anything of that sort. I'm making a REAL prank calling show, which is why I'm concerned...

Additionally, all of my  prank calls would be in America

Hello,

it all depends on what the prank calling show consist of. Some prank calling shows may infringe our Terms of Service, while others can potentially infringe our ToS AND the fundamental right to privacy as enshrined in the ECHR. You accept to fully respect them both when you subscribe to our service and we remind you that we have zero tolerance against ECHR infringements. While anonymity is often an essential requisite to exercise in practice freedom of expression (and the right to anonymity in exercising freedom of speech is constitutionally granted in some countries) we don't see how a prank calling show relates to freedom of expression.

Maybe if you clarify why you need an anonymity layer for your show and what the show would consist of we might have a clearer picture.

Kind regards

Well...ok but hear me out first ok?

The only reason I'd like an anonymity layer is because no matter how harmless these pranks are there's ALWAYS going to be that one person who isn't fond of these who will report to the police with exaggerated stories that didn't necessarily happen as the way they put it, you know?

A very good example of the type of prank calls that I'd like would be these below:

http://www.phonelosers.org/prankcalls/

^ If you could please take a second to check them out you'd see exactly what I mean. Play a few of the different ones lf you can. While I'm sure they could get in trouble, they aren't NECESSARILY harming anyone, just wasting peoples time.

E.g. let's say If I were to call up a hotel room pretending I'm from the front desk at 3am and inform the lady I've been receiving noise complaints and ask her if she could quiet down.

^ Something like that...

You get what I'm saying? I wouldn't be abusing any ones rights, calling in fake police reports, threatening anyone, or anything like that. The only thing that might occur is a few more phone calls after I've been told not to call any more.....that is ALL.

In fact, if you could list down some things that won't be tolerated while using your service then that will help a lot, but I basically covered it up though.

LOL, I listened to the one with the truck, it's hilarious!!!

I think you can use Air for doing the calls beause it's not like you're hurting anybody's rights since you're just telling some people some lies over the phone.

As far as I can see your activity is perfectly in accordance with AirVPN's TOS as well.

I might be mistaken of course