Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.131.28
DGBatAIR

Giganews blocks AirVPN servers in the Netherlands

Giganews has blocked all exit-IPs from AirVPN servers in the Netherlands. It seems that banning is restricted to the Netherlands, since servers in Canada, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Swiss, UK, US (I tested at least one server in each country) are still working with Giganews.

It's the same issue on Supernews, which is probably a reseller of Giganews. I created a ticket on this one month ago, unfortunately it is not fixed yet.

hmm, Why are they doing this? It shouldnt matter to them, pressure from the government?

Guess it is a matter of time,   personally I feel we have become a net nanny state-world.... everyone is following the Americans and other English speaking countries.

Soon the only thing you will be able to google is "funny cat videos" everything else will be blocked

Its madness really isnt it, its hard to believe the speed that these things are happening at. The people should take to the streets.

Hello,

it's very sad. At the same time it tastes bitter to see that those very same administrators who blacklist entire datacenters are the first to scream and cry when their service is blocked by some ISP or by order of some country government entity. Internet dismantling can go on not only for the continuous attacks by its usual enemies, but also "thanks to" bad behavior, not strictly forced by "Internet enemies", of some system administrators. Net Neutrality, end-to-end connectivity principle etc., should not be concepts to defend only when they suit.

Kind regards

I'm really unhappy about this. I guess the only thing I can do is use dispatch (by connectify)  to route my SABznbd traffic to my real IP address and not go through the VPN... I mean you can use SSL anyways for it.  But still.... it gives Road Runner/Comcast fair game to throttle my traffic that way I'm pretty sure...

I was able to find a way around this problem....

in your newsreader you need to NOT use the '.com' for the 'host' use the direct IP address to the server....

FOR EXAMPLE:

for supernews instead of putting "news.supernews.com" i put in "138.199.67.30" and it connects directly without problems right through the VPN..

=)